• ...and so much more!
  • V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    sounds like sending it out to novak for dovetail cuts would be easier. Thank you for the knowledge, I appreciate it
    There will be an additional charge of around I think $100 for welding the slot closed, Plus the charge for cutting the dovetail on the front. Of course the rear will need to be cut too. Novak's does excellent work and usually has a quick turnaround. I highly recommend them as I have had a lot of work done by them.
    Venture Surplus ad

Reactions: MTA

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    No need to weld the slot closed, the base of the dovetail covers it up.
    But figure $200 for the new sight set, and another $100 for the dovetail cut.

Trade it in on one that has better sights, it will probably cost less.

Reactions: MTA

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    There will be an additional charge of around I think $100 for welding the slot closed, Plus the charge for cutting the dovetail on the front. Of course the rear will need to be cut too. Novak's does excellent work and usually has a quick turnaround. I highly recommend them as I have had a lot of work done by them.
    my sr1911 has a rear novak sight that is on there tighter than a dolphins asshole. Im about to give up and send it to them and have them put in a new blacked out rear sight. 3 dot sights should be banned, I cant stand them
    :laughing:

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    On my Colt slide the slot had to be welded in before I could dovetail it. Different slides may be different of course. The Novak front sight I ordered for it would not cover the slot lengthwise.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    my sr1911 has a rear novak sight that is on there tighter than a dolphins asshole. Im about to give up and send it to them and have them put in a new blacked out rear sight. 3 dot sights should be banned, I cant stand them
    :laughing:
    Maybe a black Sharpie or nail polish can blackout the rear sight completely instead of replacing the whole thing.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Maybe a black Sharpie or nail polish can blackout the rear sight completely instead of replacing the whole thing.
    1713987569391.png

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I have testors flat black paint in the mail to try that out. Sharpie or nail polish are too shiny and I have an astigmatism which picks up on the glare

I stick typically with serrated rear sights and fiber optic fronts...or red dots

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    Wish I had one to try it on...
    Just trying it on my piston systems, maybe my bolt lugs, but I doubt the bold gets to 300° since going to pistons.
    Both my AR10s are still DI though. At least for now.
    More like just playing around. I must have 20 different types of greases in my shop.

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    Honestly, I'd go with nickle anti-seize on a suppressor.
    It sure works well on turbo mount bolts, that glow bright red under full throttle runs.

jetcycles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Shoreacres, TX
    Took advantage of their 10% off site wide sale and saved $1.60 off of a couple of their house brand (afaik) Expo Arms m-lok hand stops too, been running one on a 10.5" 5.56 for a while as a trial and have been satisfied so I threw one in the dedicated .22lr build. Acetone cleaned then medium strength thread locked the hardware and allowed to cure for 24 hours, witnessed marked like almost everything else I touch. Suppressor is mounted with anti seize as stated above, haven't had an issue using that method in over a decade.
    2d9186e8c68d26520a9fba2651e0cb4d.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom