• ...and so much more!
  • Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    500 rounds of Blazer Brass Cased 230 grain 45 ACP at Academy Sports. I note that it's not marked BlazerBrass on the new style packaging but that is what the CCI website still calls it.

As for Academy Sports, I have to hand it to them, they are keeping their prices within reason during this mess. They were charging $17.99 per box plus tax. I got them for $16.19 per box plus tax because they gave me the 10% first responder discount. When I looked on AmmoSeek, Palmetto State Armory has Blazer Brass for sale @ $23.99 per box plus shipping and tax - and their price is lower than most others for similar 45 ACP FMJ ammo. Another place listed on AmmoSeek, Alamo Ammo is asking $46.45 (plus shipping & tax) per box of 50 for 45 ACP Blazer Brass! I will be continuing to do a lot of shopping at Academy Sports!

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Oh yeah, I also picked up one box of federal 38 Special, round nose lead. It was the only box on the shelves. I got that for one of the maintenance guys at my apartment complex, he asked me recently if I knew where he could find some 38 ammo. He was quite happy about that. Now that stuff was somewhat expensive but I do think 38 Special was way up there before the current buying frenzy.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Gotta 1/16" drift pin to change out the back strap on the FNS-9C. Ordered a FN 509 mag release button to replace the stock on one the 9C and ordered a pinky extension for the 12 round mag that didn't have one.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Bought night sights for my Glock 21. Realized I needed a tool to swap them out, so last night I ordered said tools.

Well, I could not get the tool to work, but I got them installed in spite of that. Ameriglo sights, and they work great.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I have the tool too, but could not get it to work. I used a punch and it worked fine. I did need the nut driver for the front sight, so I used that. But the big oval that clamps onto the slide was a problem. I will read the instructions again and see if I just missed something later.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Installed night sights on a PPQ I bought a couple years ago. Crazy improvement over the factory sights.

12446672-CC37-440F-93C2-BF38D9D59AF6.jpeg

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    I just keep ordering ammo I can get it. Bought it regularly before the panic (at great prices) and am still buying it as regularly as I can find what I want available during the panic (at lousy prices - at least lousy for the buyer). I just keep thinking - what happens if slow-Joe gets elected. So I ordered 840 rounds of 7.62x39 brass cased ammo yesterday along with 200 rounds of 7.62X54R (which I had thought I had in inventory but could not find it). Buying gun parts I need too, as I need them.

I've bought most of what ammo I have purchased recently from Target Sports USA, happy to report they have not been charging TX sales tax.

Bear in mind, if most states opt for distant leaning via computers instead of in the classrooms, you won't be able to find any of them soon either.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom