Texas

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Three 100 round boxes of Winchester 9mm (white box) and three 100 round boxes of the same brand/type of 45 ACP at Academy Sports. The 9mm was $26.99 per box of 100, much less than a 50 round box of the same sells elsewhere. The 45 was $44.99 per box of 100.

Later on, I went back to Academy and picked up 5 boxes of 30-30 WIN.

I also went to Atwood's where I got two boxes of 50 rds each of Blazer Brass 380 and two boxes of Federal 357 MAG VHP (versatile hollow point - looks just like semi jacketed HP but with a fancy & pointless new name).

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    I just picked up an almost new NEF Pardner Model SB1 (single shot for the uninformed) .......3" chamber in 20 ga. WITH a box of Winchester Universal 7 1/2, a box of Remington ShurShot Heavy Dove 7 1/2, and a box of Winchester SuperX #3 buck................for $100.

Now the only 20 ga. that I have. May or may not ever shoot it, but at the price, I can use it as trade goods.:banana:

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    I just picked up an almost new NEF Pardner Model SB1 (single shot for the uninformed) .......3" chamber in 20 ga. WITH a box of Winchester Universal 7 1/2, a box of Remington ShurShot Heavy Dove 7 1/2, and a box of Winchester SuperX #3 buck................for $100.

Now the only 20 ga. that I have. May or may not ever shoot it, but at the price, I can use it as trade goods.:banana:
    Excellent price! Lately they have been going for $150 and up to about $175 without ammo.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Sent Glock and email requesting a new Armorer's manual since I last took the course not too long before the GEN5 pistols came out. Now that I bought a Glock 19 GEN5 and saw that it is somewhat different in mechanics than the GEN4, I figured I should have the manual for the GEN5's. They got back to me today, said there is usually a charge, but they are sending me a complimentary one. Very nice of them.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Yeah, I didn't even know that this was a thing:
    My dear old dad gave me a Ruger Blackhawk in .30 Carbine. Unfired, in box.

Why .30 Carbine?
    Oh, he gave me a rifle to go with it. A very good day.

I have a great dad and I know it.
    Never got anything like those from my father but have given some to my son. I hope, he like I imagine do you, cherishes them.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Never got anything like those from my father but have given some to my son. I hope, he like I imagine do you, cherishes them.
    I would tell you that I imagine that he DOES cherish them. Several years ago, dad gave me his early-50s vintage Model 94. I love, love LOVE that thing. Partly because it's one of my favorites anyway. But also because he has stories about riding the bus in his small town with it to go out hunting. It's the last firearm in my small collection that I would EVER part with, I can tell you.

Top Bottom