• ...and so much more!
  • RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    Dropped my M16A1 receiver and upper off at the gun shop. Having US Govt property marks laser engraved on the receiver and then Cerakote grey for all the parts. Build thread starting as soon as I get the parts back. Can't wait!

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    To whom it may concern,

According to google reviews and confirmation from GT Distributors responses....GT is only selling handgun ammo to people purchasing a handgun. They have a 4 million dollar ammo purchase order that has gone unfulfilled as of this moment. If you find out that this policy has changed, please let us know.

I am currently not in panic mode but I am picking up "standard capacity" mags at a moderate pace while they are still plentiful and relatively cheap. I fear we are all in for a rude awakening if the Georgia senatorial run-off races go lefty in January.

ETA: AR Pmags are going for $9.99/ea when u buy 10 from Brownells. PSA has Croation steel AK mags for $12.99.

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    To whom it may concern,

According to google reviews and confirmation from GT Distributors responses....GT is only selling handgun ammo to people purchasing a handgun. They have a 4 million dollar ammo purchase order that has gone unfulfilled as of this moment. If you find out that this policy has changed, please let us know.

I am currently not in panic mode but I am picking up "standard capacity" mags at a moderate pace while they are still plentiful and relatively cheap. I fear we are all in for a rude awakening if the Georgia senatorial run-off races go lefty in January.

ETA: AR Pmags are going for $9.99/ea when u buy 10 from Brownells. PSA has Croation steel AK mags for $12.99.

My thinking as well, I've been stocking up too.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    100 rds 45acp
    100 rds .380acp
    100 rds 9mm
    100 rds 10mm
    50 rounds 8mm mauser
    2 different real avid cleaning brush sets
    Otis bone tool

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I’m calling it now.
    Buy your hi/cap mags today.
    Don’t procrastinate.
    A year from now you’ll wish you had.
    I ordered several factory Beretta M9A3 - 17 round mags yesterday. I already have several of the 15 and 30 rounders. Oh, and 3 stupid 10 round Beretta M9 mags that came with the M9A3 when I traded for it.

I’m sitting pretty good on mags for everything else.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    4 ammo cans - I think I'll not again buy the ones at Academy Sports, you open them and tilt just a bit and the lids fall off, almost zero friction from the narrow pins to hold on the tops. I know they all come off fairly easy but these are ridiculous.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Five boxes of 16 gauge slugs for my Model 12.
    Where did you find 16 gauge? Never-mind, I just ordered 250 rounds from SG Ammo. Do not recall the price before the ammo buying frenzy but $125.82 shipped (just over 50 cents per round) did not seem to bad for 250 rds. of #5 shot (do not know if I have ever seen #5 shot before), high velocity. Now if it does not blow up my Remington Model 31 I will be in luck.

Last edited:

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    I got some 9mm ammo at Academy Sports. The last two boxes of Aguila FMJ 115 gr and one box of Federal 115 gr Versatile HP (new fancy name for JHP) followed me home. They had several of the Federal left at around 0930 when I got there but at the price - no wonder. That Federal was expensive at almost $30, the Aguila was almost $15 each. They had Norma for $12.99 per box but it was all gone when I got there, I am guessing that maybe that was steel cased but was not too bad a deal if brass. They also had 20 round boxes of Aguila 5.56 mm and some Geco (I think that was the brand) 7.62x39 mm at around $9.99 each. The 10% first responder discount helped a bit, only two more days remain for that this time around.

Also stopped by Atwoods, all they had was 204 Ruger and very limited shotgun shells in stock. I picked up four pistol socks while there.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Where did you find 16 gauge? Never-mind, I just ordered 250 rounds from SG Ammo. Do not recall the price before the ammo buying frenzy but $125.82 shipped (just over 50 cents per round) did not seem to bad for 250 rds. of #5 shot (do not know if I have ever seen #5 shot before), high velocity. Now if it does not blow up my Remington Model 31 I will be in luck.
    I equate #5 to pheasant hunting. Historically, easy to find in the TX panhandle & northward.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    Glenn B, I am using it in my Winchester Model 12 made in '39 so I know what you mean.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Ordered some hi-cap pistol mags.
    I figure get them now while I can.
    Six months from now you will not be able to.
    Best stock up now fellas.

I think you’re right. Will be ordering up some more M&P magazines myself.
    Not sure what else I should get since there are so many pistols I still want.

Top Bottom