• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    I decided in the last week to get a few items that may or may not be useful........just because. They won't be available in the future.

I did order a CMMG conversion kit (BRAVO) w 3 mags for 5.56 > .22 long rifle. Why not?

and a set of magpul bus..............DAMN those things are hard to find now.

GeorgeS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2018
    San Antonio
    Henry Big Boy in .45 Colt. :santa:
    H012MX_Main.jpg

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Another 5 Glock 33 round 9mm mags and an American Speedloaders CP33 .22 mag loader. A
    Maglula Range Benchloader AR15 Magazine Loader and an UpLULA® – 9mm to 45ACP universal pistol mag loader.

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    I took one step forward and two steps back on my M16A1 project. I received my parts back from Cerakote and all looks great except.... I don't like the color. It looks too new to me, some rifles were made in grey as well as black. The grey I chose just looks too new, I've decided to just Cerakote it myself in black. I've got the Cerakote and gun ordered so just another 7 day delay before I can get this rifle finished. At least I got the laser engraving done.

Here's the receiver after laser engraving. I had the property of US Gov and auto added.
    p7gHs2G.jpg

I'm actually not feeling too bad about changing the color, the receiver is original and had a rough life, I found quite a few spots that I missed when I cleaned it up. I fixed all the damage to the top of the receiver and after Cerakote it was perfect, now that I've corrected the other spots it should be a beauty when re-coated in black.
    crJPRbn.jpg

I also bought a lapping bar and lapped the face of the receiver where the barrel seats. I think this was a worthwhile effort as the barrel seats super tight now. Hopefully I can get this baby together and ready to shoot in a few weeks.
    CMneACa.jpg

Last edited:

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I took one step forward and two steps back on my M16A1 project. I received my parts back from Cerakote and all looks great except.... I don't like the color. It looks too new to me, some rifles were made in grey as well as black. The grey I chose just looks too new, I've decided to just Cerakote it myself in black. I've got the Cerakote and gun ordered so just another 7 day delay before I can get this rifle finished. At least I got the laser engraving done.

Here's the receiver after laser engraving. I had the property of US Gov and auto added.
    p7gHs2G.jpg

I'm actually not feeling too bad about changing the color, the receiver is original and had a rough life, I found quite a few spots that I missed when I cleaned it up. I fixed all the damage to the top of the receiver and after Cerakote it was perfect, now that I've corrected the other spots it should be a beauty when re-coated in black.
    crJPRbn.jpg

I also bought a lapping bar and lapped the face of the receiver where the barrel seats. I think this was a worthwhile effort as the barrel seats super tight now. Hopefully I can get this baby together and ready to shoot in a few weeks.
    CMneACa.jpg
    Did you add the "Property of U.S. Gov" to make it sound better when the Gov has it's so called "buyback" program?

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    Took a chance on this Wolfhound 6x with RDS. Lots of solid reviews. Went south this over the PA 5x for the +1 magnification and the RDS for the same price. Should be fun on mid-range AR. Excited to quickly transition from 200 with the RDS to much further with the 6x at Triple C's. ACOG's and Elcan's are not in my desired price range (not going into battle).
    d4cd4e42196585265cb18a49796e15be.jpg

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    Found a huge supply of ammo @ Carter's County. Reasonable priced without paying more for shipping than a box would cost. Win. 150gr.PP $21.97, PPU made in Serbia,.38 Special LRN 158gr. 50 rds. $21.97 ONLY thing is only 1 box of any caliber, a day.

Reactions: MTA

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    So Carter’s Country finally has SOMETHING that is reasonably priced?

I suppose there must be a first time for everything.

I don't know if it is intentional. Prices everywhere else have just caught up to them. They were just so busy either yelling at or ignoring their customers that they haven't gotten around to raising prices.

I fully expect if I go in to buy my one box I will get yelled at somehow though.

Top Bottom