• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    5x MAGPUL PMAG 20 MAGAZINE LR/SR GEN M3 7.62X51

That makes 15 mags for a non-primary rifle... may not be enough, but only because you can never really have too many.

Mjdean77

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Houston area
    A few other forums I’m on that are on different topics have threads going for things that you bought today. Could be anything gun, ammo, holster, accessories etc related.

Today i traded a box of ammo for a VCM tactical backpack/range bag. It’s got more pockets than I’ll ever need and molle webbing. I added my own touch to it too

View attachment 151606

I’m hoping this thread will catch on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    1611851123960.png

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    0C538530-F1A3-450B-A4BF-61493E3ACF10.jpeg
    Aim surplus sticker. With shipping and fees it was 360.00 bucks. They did however send this tisas px-9 as a surprise so I guess that’s cool. Two 18 round mags and holster.

7E90C6CD-600F-4F23-A768-CD5BD68E37E2.jpeg

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    5 Glock 19 Gen 5 magazines from PSA, $24.99 each pls tax, free shipping if ordering 5 or more. That will bring my total of Glock 19 mags to about 12 fairly new ones (purchased in last couple to few months) and about 9 (or more) older ones. Maybe I should have ordered 5 more but need to order some dog food from Chewy.com, and some stuff from Costco before spending more on guns & ammo type things.

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    Some paper and glue.
    Gonna to try to make up some Sharps .54 paper cartridges if ever can find the time.

When I was in high school some friends and I did Civil War reenactment with our History teacher. We used to roll them out of that brown paper mailing tape with the water activated glue on the back. Make a tube with a 2in piece of 3"width tape, wet the edge of the back and roll it on a 1/2 dowel. Make 50 or 100 tubes and let then dry. Then twist the bottoms. Fill the tubes with powder and fold over the top edge and twist once. Of course in reenactments you never had any .58 cal balls/minie balls. You just pour the powder down the barrel, put a cap on and fire. Just pushing the air column out of a .58 Enfield makes a good boom. I think you could make some live cartridges the same way by wrapping the front of the tube around the ball instead of a dowel. fold the top over the ball. Pour the powder in the bottom and twist shut. We used to bite the top off the blanks before pouring the powder in. I think you could pop the minie ball out with your fingers, pour the powder down, use the cartridge paper as wadding, then ram the ball down. I hardly ever shot any balls out of my Enfield. What do you black powder guys say?

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Reenacting blanks are easy to make.
    Back when I reenacted I used newspaper for making tubes.
    What i want to make now is nitrated paper Sharps cartridges.
    These require more labor to manufacture.
    First you have to acquire paper. I’m going to attempt to use coffee maker filter paper. This paper is recommended as it is very porous yet holds together when wet.
    Soak the papers in a water and potassium nitrate solution.
    Set out paper to dry.
    Cut papers into the correct trapezoid shape.
    Glue the paper to the skirt of the bullets and roll into a tube.
    Allow glue to set.
    Add powder. Fold the tail and done.
    I used to do this on the ringtail bullet by tying the tube to the bullet with a string.
    The new bullet mould i purchased is a historically correct bullet design from the war. We will see.

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    Reenacting blanks are easy to make.
    Back when I reenacted I used newspaper for making tubes.
    What i want to make now is nitrated paper Sharps cartridges.
    These require more labor to manufacture.
    First you have to acquire paper. I’m going to attempt to use coffee maker filter paper. This paper is recommended as it is very porous yet holds together when wet.
    Soak the papers in a water and potassium nitrate solution.
    Set out paper to dry.
    Cut papers into the correct trapezoid shape.
    Glue the paper to the skirt of the bullets and roll into a tube.
    Allow glue to set.
    Add powder. Fold the tail and done.
    I used to do this on the ringtail bullet by tying the tube to the bullet with a string.
    The new bullet mould i purchased is a historically correct bullet design from the war. We will see.

Ahhh...I see. Now I think I remember those Sharps rifles. So you load the paper cartridges in the breach?

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    I went to a gun show with about $600 cash and my plastic this afternoon. Was thinking of buying anything that might have been a bargain or at least at a decent price. I did not spend a penny and wasted three hours of drive time round trip, a few gallons of gas and the$9.00 admission fee.

500 rounds of 9mm JHP, 115 grain, (run of the mill stuff, nothing special) asking $999.99

200 Rounds of Winchester 5.56 M855, asking $300.00

Mosin Nagant Izhevsk, asking $800.00 and I am pretty sure numbers did not match and it was an average MN at best. The best price I saw on a Mosin Nagant, and I looked at several was $450.00.

Remington Nylon 66 Mohawk Brown, asking $800.00

Winchester Super-X, 12 Ga. Slugs, 2.75" - 7 shells wrapped in plastic kitchen wrap, asking $24.00

Remington Core Lokt 30-30, asking $60.00

I had to pretty much stop looking at prices otherwise my head might have exploded.

Steel AK-47 30 round mags, Croatian made, $34.99 each

My bet is it's only going to get worse, so buy now if you find what you want.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Corrected my buying inactivity for today and just made a purchase of 10 Mec-Gar 1911 Government, 45 ACP, 7 round mags from Red River reloading.

Will be trading an Argentine 1927 (1911) to my son in the near future (near future for THE Great Procrastinator - me) for an Arsenal SLR 107 plus whatever else he needs to make up for difference in value. So, 5 of these 1911 mags are probably destined for him the rest for me. Now, I just need to hope Mec-Gar is good quality stuff; I seem to remember people on the forum saying Mec-Gar makes excellent mags but of course I have been wrong before :facepalm: as to what I remember.

Anyway, I could not agree with Moonpie more than I do, which is 100%: buy mags now.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom