• CD988894-51AF-453E-925D-21EEF6429C19.jpeg
      CD988894-51AF-453E-925D-21EEF6429C19.jpeg
      1.3 MB · Views: 77

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    Technically, I did not buy anything but I feel like I did. The scope on my .22 got recently bent (the rifle fell on the ground scope first - D'OH!). The scope has a lifetime warranty but the "no-fault" warranty on this line of scopes started in 2018 and I bought my scope before then. Another d'oh.
    Contemplating options, I realized that if I sent the scope to the manufacturer, they probably could not simply fix the bent tube and would just trash the whole thing and tell me I have to buy a new one. So I took my chances at "un-bending" the tube and undoing the damage myself. I had to be very careful but in the end, I was successful.
    While the fix did not restore the sight picture to the previous perfect alignment, I did not really mind and did not want to dick with it more in fear of actually breaking the scope if I pried on it any more.
    So I adjusted the 1 MOA elevation change and 0.5 MOA windage error and all is well.
    Got her sighted in and shot some nice 3/4 MOA groups.
    Happy like a clam, and I really "feel" like I just bought a new scope. Except I did not have to pay any money. :)

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Almost bought one of those the other day.
    Went with a Vortex instead.
    Looking forward to your after action report on it.
    I really like the holosun 510c on my sig copperhead. This will be my first dot on a non braced pistol. I'm curious how long it will take to get use to it. I got it for a good price considering it's like new so I just splurged on a good inch/lb torque driver.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Well. Tried to attach my red dot and adapter plate to my p320 today. The holes on the plate don't align properly and one of the screws is too long. I'm going to have to cut or grind down the screw so it doesn't interfere with the extractor rod.

• Angry
    Reactions: MTA
    Top Bottom