• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    Picked up a new Taurus 605 this morning. Decent price, $329.00. Not interested in carrying it, or even shooting it much. Have had several requests for holster for them, and no forms available that I can find. Probably will pay for itself with 6-8 months.
    Lynx Defense

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    After searching fruitlessly for well over a year to find a barrel for my wall hanger Pre-64 Winchester 1894, I finally found one. Got it from a guy right here in Texas, it's a NOS Winchester replacement parts 30-30 octagon made in 1966, complete with handguard and fore-end. Top eject to boot, just need to make sure it will headspace and all should be good.

Other than some light surface corrosion from hand prints over the years it's mint. This actually works in my favor as I plan to weather the barrel and magazine tube to match the originals. The bore is in mint condition.
    hxX6Hb0.jpg

This engraving will be removed as it's very shallow and I plan to have the markings from the original barrel laser engraved on this one.
    dCuqN6m.jpg

Also picked up an original Pre-64 semi buckhorn rear sight.
    qVaml3h.jpg

For the front sight I got a Skinner solid brass sight made oversize so I can hand fit it and I can also adjust the height by filing it down as needed. This will make for a better sight picture, I can still get an old Marbles front sight If I decide to go back to original.
    lTdRhtp.jpg

Basically I'll end up with an 1894 20" octagon barreled rifle with long fore-end, they made these in several different lengths in this configuration.
    aTdpxVZ.jpg

Thought I would own up to something here too. I bought this wall hanger thinking I could easily re-barrel it and have have a vintage Winchester for cheap. Didn't turn out that way, In the end I should have paid the premium for a shooter, I'm nearly at that cost now. Live and learn.
    Euk6OTp.jpg

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    >

Next gun:

View attachment 357964

Looking @ the Henry case-hardened .38Spl/.357 carbine in the shorter 16” bbl model.

Uses would be protection, JEEP gun, plinking, +/- hog hunting.

Does anyone here have experience with one ?

leVieux
    I have one. It’s reliable and fun to shoot, but it’s a heavy beast. It’s far heavier than a Marlin or Winchester.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Burris RT-6 scope and mount, lens caps and ARD from MK Machining. This for my new Ruger SFAR. 25% discount at MKM with code "putacaponit".

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Burris RT-6 scope and mount, lens caps and ARD from MK Machining. This for my new Ruger SFAR. 25% discount at MKM with code "putacaponit".

I ordered scope caps for my nightforce nxs and leica amplus from them. Cant beat it with the promos going on right now

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin

got mine in today. I put the set on the Leica which I had to measure and order the caps by size. Fit is perfect. I am going to use these from now on

Top Bottom