• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    I'm in class but I'll do it later this evening when I get home. I may end up just filing off the marred edge and trying it out. Most will disagree with this decision but I really don't want to buy another one and take it to a smith. I think it'll work if I just realign everything.
    Lynx Defense

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    I'm in class but I'll do it later this evening when I get home. I may end up just filing off the marred edge and trying it out. Most will disagree with this decision but I really don't want to buy another one and take it to a smith. I think it'll work if I just realign everything.

You're tube needs to be realigned so it doesn't make things worse, as for the key, you can just buy a new gas key yourself, but getting the old one off will be a pain. That key being off may cause issues with operating the bolt if it doesn't throw the bolt back straight, could cause premature wear. Just FYI, even if it "works" when you file it.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    You're tube needs to be realigned so it doesn't make things worse, as for the key, you can just buy a new gas key yourself, but getting the old one off will be a pain. That key being off may cause issues with operating the bolt if it doesn't throw the bolt back straight, could cause premature wear. Just FYI, even if it "works" when you file it.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

I'm about to buy one for $14.48 on amazon. Staking it won't be hard but the only issue is my lack of access to a vice. I wish I had 100% access to my dad's workshop and not have to wait to go home for Christmas :mad:

Guess I'll just have to improvise.

Top Bottom