• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    OK, I know I'm weird but...hubba hubba. I'd *love* to shoot that.

Thanks. Unfortunately, although I was planning on coming, it turns out I won't be able to attend. I'm super bummed about it, but there is next year.

Or some of us could meet up at a range sometime. Next year, or just later, once I finally get some time to reload I will have some really weird stuff to shoot. Like a .410 Enfield, and an 1886 Lebel.
    Military Camp

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    It's not a gun, but I'll be bringing my SuperFocus glasses to Hicksville. If you're having problems seeing your sights due to presbyopia or if diabetes causes your prescription to swing wildly (making conventional shooting glasses a waste of money), seek me out for a demo.

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    Thanks. Unfortunately, although I was planning on coming, it turns out I won't be able to attend. I'm super bummed about it, but there is next year.

Or some of us could meet up at a range sometime. Next year, or just later, once I finally get some time to reload I will have some really weird stuff to shoot. Like a .410 Enfield, and an 1886 Lebel.

ooooo....such a tease you are!
    That sucks. Hopefully next time for sure.

KrcTrooper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    Taylor, TX
    I do have my cowboy action guns that are fun to shoot in 45LC (revolvers and Model 92). I could bring them down, along with a couple of coach guns (Model 97 and SxS) if anyone was interested.

I'd love to try some of the cowboy action guns if I can make it!

Last edited:

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Nothing special:

-First gen Glock 19 (if you want to shoot a piece of history)
    -Ghetto stipple 2nd gen G17
    -Sig P232
    -S&W 642
    -PSA midlength AR (stock and boring)
    -91/30 Mosin

I can also bring my SIRT pistol, though it's currently not working properly. If anyone was interested, though, they'd at least get to dry fire it and get a feel for what the trigger is like.

As far as Glocks go, I have a few extra components laying around. If anyone is curious to see the differences between recoil, trigger return spring, or connector weights, we can swap out parts and you're welcome to try them out.

Also, although I have yet to install it (might do that tonight), I have the Apex Tactical spring kit for the Smith 642, which supposedly drops the pull to ~8-9# down from ~12+#. I'll try to install that asap so people can check it out.

For the Mosin, I have a custom two stage trigger from Josh at Smith Sights. Still haven't installed it either, but I'll try to get to that in the next couple of days. That'll be interesting to play around with.

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    Nothing special:

-First gen Glock 19 (if you want to shoot a piece of history)
    -Ghetto stipple 2nd gen G17
    -Sig P232
    -S&W 642
    -PSA midlength AR (stock and boring)
    -91/30 Mosin

I can also bring my SIRT pistol, though it's currently not working properly. If anyone was interested, though, they'd at least get to dry fire it and get a feel for what the trigger is like.

As far as Glocks go, I have a few extra components laying around. If anyone is curious to see the differences between recoil, trigger return spring, or connector weights, we can swap out parts and you're welcome to try them out.

Also, although I have yet to install it (might do that tonight), I have the Apex Tactical spring kit for the Smith 642, which supposedly drops the pull to ~8-9# down from ~12+#. I'll try to install that asap so people can check it out.

For the Mosin, I have a custom two stage trigger from Josh at Smith Sights. Still haven't installed it either, but I'll try to get to that in the next couple of days. That'll be interesting to play around with.

I would like that. I've been considering swapping out my connector for lighter pull but have no reference. It would be much appreciated!

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I would like that. I've been considering swapping out my connector for lighter pull but have no reference. It would be much appreciated!

Definitely! I have the factory 5# and 3.5# connectors as well as a LWD 3.5# connector, stock return spring and stiffer (6#?) return spring, NY1 return spring, as well as I believe 11#, 13#, and 15# recoil springs. I also have a gen 4 Apex Tactical Glock extractor, and a gen 3, plus a White Sound HRED extractor plunger. So lots of stuff to play around with trigger weight, recoil characteristics, and extraction/ejection characteristics.

The NY1 + 3.5# is kind of cool for some people. It gives a true DAO feel, almost like a revolver, though it's still a good 2# heavier than I'd prefer personally. It's at least something fun to try out and give that trigger finger a workout! ;)

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    Plain old vanilla...

Windham AR-15
    Maverick 88
    Ruger 10/22
    Glock 21
    M&P 9c
    Springfield XD9

No Rem 700, because my terrible eyes don't let me hit shit. And no AR pistol or .300 blackout because they're not finished yet. Anybody got an extra short-barrelled upper laying around?

Put the dust cover & forward assist in last night:
    IMAG0519.png

Would love handle one of the 91/30's if anyone has any interest in swapping for a few minutes.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Plain old vanilla...

Windham AR-15
    Maverick 88
    Ruger 10/22
    Glock 21
    M&P 9c
    Springfield XD9

No Rem 700, because my terrible eyes don't let me hit shit. And no AR pistol or .300 blackout because they're not finished yet. Anybody got an extra short-barrelled upper laying around?

Put the dust cover & forward assist in last night:
    IMAG0519.png

Would love handle one of the 91/30's if anyone has any interest in swapping for a few minutes.

Not extra, I am bringing my 11.5" AR, but it's in 5.56 (not sure if you meant yours was in .300), but you are free to check it out or even swap it on over to your lower.
    To be honest, the last time I had it out she was giving me problems and since then I switched over to a different bolt and buffer but haven't got a chance to try it out

Also, I am bring a M44 Mosin and I know a few people are bringing their 91's as well. So I am sure you will get your fill.

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    Not extra, I am bringing my 11.5" AR, but it's in 5.56 (not sure if you meant yours was in .300), but you are free to check it out or even swap it on over to your lower.
    To be honest, the last time I had it out she was giving me problems and since then I switched over to a different bolt and buffer but haven't got a chance to try it out

Also, I am bring a M44 Mosin and I know a few people are bringing their 91's as well. So I am sure you will get your fill.
    No pistol & .300 blackout are separate. I'd love to mate my lower with your upper — kinky!

Top Bottom