Lynx Defense

What handgun do you feel best represents your generation?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gilbertc13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    @toddnjoyce better
    06fb1a88200d06fe01c0c96f221d0be3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Attachments

• 06fb1a88200d06fe01c0c96f221d0be3.jpg
      06fb1a88200d06fe01c0c96f221d0be3.jpg
      43.1 KB · Views: 554

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Born in ‘80. Didn’t fire my first firearm until early 90’s, and they were shotguns and 22s. Some horrible type of music called rap came along. I remember a song that talked about a guy selling his shotguns and buying a Glock.

So, for me, Glock is the handgun that represents my generation. First striker fired pistol I ever fired was a buddy’s G19 in ‘99. He still has it, by the way.

First pistol I bought was in ‘05 at 25, Springfield XD .45GAP.

Bought my first Glock a few months ago, now I have three.

:usflag:

Pops1955

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Born in 1955. Colt cap guns and toy 1911s is what we played war with along with a toy Thompson machine gun that went BRRRRRR and then you had to pull the slide back again and a Daisy pop gun that was lever action. Gun Smoke and Combat were the big shows. Sticks were real common too. Especially for me. I was tme next to youngest in the neighborhood. The 1911 was my favorite.

jar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    The Valley
    Probably the Smith & Wesson Highway Patrolman and the 357 Combat Magnum (Model 19) Peace Officer's Dream.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I remember a friend getting back from a gun show & telling me about H&K's newly released SP89. He really wasn't sure what it was, because he was way more into off shore fishing then guns. He just said it look like my H&K 91, but this big using his hands.

Once I figured out what he had seen, I knew I wanted one. I had seen the days @ gun show of guys walking around with huge key rings of registered H&K auto sears. When I bought my SP89 the wife & I had only been married a short period of time. We were invited over to her parents for some family get together & I was still in that fondling of my new gun stage.

I had added the H&K pulse laser & had the nylon shoulder holster that held the gun & 2 30 round magazines with the 15 round magazine in the gun. My father in law had some guns (stupid phoc tried to intimidate me with them when I first started banging his daughter). I looked at his guns as mostly crap, Fudd wasn't a familiar term to me then. I figured showing it off around her dad, uncle & male cousins might get their attention.

The old why do you need that & what did that cost reared it's ugly head. Most all of them were more intrigued by shooting the laser thru cigar smoke. I went on to say I was thinking about buying a registered sear & making a machine gun. My FIL knows everything & started in ranting. Her uncle wanted to say something but stopped when I told the old man to STFU about shit that was way over his head.

As most of y'all know I did go thru with those plans, as I wanted a machine gun from about the time of my first GI Joe. My wife always told me to STFU about my guns around her pompous ass father since the SP89 was first shown.

Fewer things would be more fun in my eyes then haveing my FIL over for a machine gun shoot. I just know he would stroke out, hopefully not before telling him how much everything was worth!
    IMG_3789.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3789.jpg
      IMG_3789.jpg
      1.5 MB · Views: 542
    Top Bottom