Lynx Defense

What handgun do you feel best represents your generation?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    I completely agree regarding the Beretta. It’s also my favorite.

die_hard_s878x1356.jpg

600px-LethalW19.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the only reason why I have a 92FS. I grew up watching those movies and thought it was the coolest pistol. I later learned the Sig P226 was a better gun, IMO.
    DK Firearms

Attachments

• die_hard_s878x1356.jpg
      die_hard_s878x1356.jpg
      135.6 KB · Views: 590
    • 600px-LethalW19.jpg
      600px-LethalW19.jpg
      25.1 KB · Views: 595

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    Would have to go with my first revolver. It was a S & W Highway Patrol 357. It was truly a hand cannon.

I have 2 and without a doubt my favorite revolvers. The finish is rough on both but still awesome shooters. My 686 is a close second but the 28-2 is a different beast. I even sold my Ruger GP100 a few weeks ago because I like my Smiths more.

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    To pick one, would have to be the Beretta 92. Was what I wanted when I bought my first pistol, but was short on dough so opted for a Ruger P89. Decent pistol, but not the Beretta.

Do have two PX4 Storms now though and love them.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    That's the only reason why I have a 92FS. I grew up watching those movies and thought it was the coolest pistol. I later learned the Sig P226 was a better gun, IMO.
    Same with me... I wanted a 92 for a long time, but by the time I got around to buying one I already had a couple Sigs. What's more 80's than a pistol that says "Made in W. Germany" anyways?

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    To pick one, would have to be the Beretta 92. Was what I wanted when I bought my first pistol, but was short on dough so opted for a Ruger P89. Decent pistol, but not the Beretta.

Do have two PX4 Storms now though and love them.

The Ruger P89 is a rugged and reliable pistol kind of like how an AK is rugged and reliable. I have 2 Ruger P89DC pistols, one in stainless and the other in a black finish. They certainly are not on the same level as a Beretta 92FS or Sig P226 but the P89 is a great deal for what they typically run for.

Spcwolf

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Conroe tx
    Comeback? I never thought they were on they endangered list.
    There is a renewed interest. It’s a design that is over 100 years old, but still being manufactured in different variants and reproductions is originals today.

Name a single firearms that has that kind of history. And it’s still being used by military and Leo and security forces.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    The Colt SAA's and 1911's were in all the Westerns and War movies we watched growing up..........most of the toy and cap guns of the time were one or the other with an occasional Luger P08's or P38's toys/cap guns available too....

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Yep. With the dozens of western TV series and hundreds of western films the old SAA was(and still is) what many wanted.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Originally I posted Flintlock with as I sit here in the hospital for the fifth straight day with heart procedures I'm starting to think matchlock may be more appropriate. But then again maybe a blowgun would be more appropriate at least not the one mayor Pete uses.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    Hang in there. I had quadruple by-pass surgery done to me back in 1999. I was 50.
    A few weeks later I was good as new and back to shooting and riding my Harley.
    Give 'em hell when you get back on your feet.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I was thinking about this over the weekend. How do you decide what your era is?

I think about the old westerns I used to watch as a child, and the SAA was the go to.

I think about the Vietnam era movies and the M-16's and 1911s flood my memory.

I think about the movies in the 80's and various semi-autos come to mind.

Maybe that's why I like them all?

Top Bottom