• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    I just recieved a letter from my dealer that the rifle I ordered will not be sent because Calvary arms was raided by the ATF.I was waiting for months and the rifle was paid for in advance.I tried to get my money back but my dealer went to Colorado which seems suspicious to me.Has anyone heard if the raid was true?:mad:
    Texas SOT

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I had a hard time finding much; it's pretty quiet since the raid/media party. The Fox affiliate no longer has the story available appearently, but I found this:

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/110061

Interesting. The ATF says firearms violations, other rumors are money laundering and other blue collar crimes, but those are speculation only as far as I can find.

Gopher

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Far, far, far North Dallas
    There is a big thread on it over at AR15.com in the general discussion section. Warrant was sealed and they still don't know what they were looking for. Too much speculation at this point to say much. They are still in business though.

kells81

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Granbury TX
    Could order a lower still, well kinda, Part of the CavArms assistance plan over there was to get a huge order of lowers and help them out. Seems like it has been acouple of months now and still no lowers due to a Technicality. Hopefully they will produce them someday. Someday hopefully mine will roll up to my FFL's .

sharky47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    It's a mess, from what I have been told there was some stupid money/bookkeeping going on, but nothing to warrant an F-troop raid......bunch of nazis.....

Anyway, I did place an order through my FFL on one of those special lowers for the "fundraiser", even though I never really liked the plastic lowers - I did want to thumb my nose at the BATFE and help keep a manufacturer in business despite their best efforts to shut them down.

Make no mistake - the ATF has been cracking down on dealers and manufacturers for the most stupid stuff to try and put them out of business. It's a form of "backdoor gun control"......

billt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Glendale, Arizona
    I live just 20 miles from the place. What is totally amazing is they haven't been charged with anything thus far! This is weeks after the raid. What is even more amazing is people aren't screaming over this. They could do this, (and have), to anyone. Bill T.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Assuming there wasn't a serious crime committed (probably forgot to dot a few i's cross a few t's, that sort of thing), the ATF's actions have seriously hurt business for this company I'm sure. I'm thinking that Cav Arms needs to file a lawsuit against them when all is over with.

billt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Glendale, Arizona
    There is some speculation that a video they posted on You Tube some time back, had something to do with it. It was meant as a joke with people in the video mocking Jihad and Arabs in general. It supposedly infuriated some members of the Muslim community. Some think the raid was some type of "retaliation" for posting the video. Considering the "secret" nature of the whole thing, and the fact they haven't been charged with anything, it wouldn't surprise me. The ATF and FBI are well known to make big deals out of nothing. Waco and Randy Weaver are good examples of that. Bill T.

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    18.gif

my little girls rifle finally arrived.Calvary arms is active again.

Top Bottom