• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sjones

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    carrollton,texas
    I don't know about you guys,but I'm getting awful tired of people saying:black americans,spanish americans,asian americans,why can't we all be just americans,period.This country has a lot of problems to be worked out,the least of which is all these hyphenated names.We just need to pull together,and get back to our conservative roots.So,flame away.sj
    Gun Zone Deals

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    I very much agree!

We are becoming very fractured! America has always been a melting pot but now we are not melting together anymore. Group, instead of individual indenty is now the "in" thing!

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I don't know about you guys,but I'm getting awful tired of people saying:black americans,spanish americans,asian americans,why can't we all be just americans,period.This country has a lot of problems to be worked out,the least of which is all these hyphenated names.We just need to pull together,and get back to our conservative roots.So,flame away.sj

What flame? You're exactly right. That's what America is. People who immigrated here and when they stepped on US soil, were happy, cried, were instantly proud to be an American and didn't hesitate 1 second to jump in and become a contributing part of it and love this land until the day they die. They didn't forget their homeland, they held on to and taught their kids their culture and language, but America made sure they knew they were American.

Now, most sneak across the borders to grab what free shit they can, laugh, piss on it and take or send it home. Then have kids who go to schools for free while we pay for teachers that speak their language because it would be a travesty to expect them to learn and actually USE American English. Then they do things like skip school to march in the streets chanting about taking this land back while carrying flags of their families home country. Sounds like a foreign enemy to me and I think they used to get shot or captured. Now we give them handouts from our pockets while we wipe their spin from our eyes.

For the record, I do think, and I know people, who are truly proud immigrants who contribute and consider themselves American's while they rightly preserve their culture and language. It's just the POS, leaching scum bags I have a problem with.

D-Day

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    What flame? You're exactly right. That's what America is. People who immigrated here and when they stepped on US soil, were happy, cried, were instantly proud to be an American and didn't hesitate 1 second to jump in and become a contributing part of it and love this land until the day they die. They didn't forget their homeland, they held on to and taught their kids their culture and language, but America made sure they knew they were American.

Now, most sneak across the borders to grab what free shit they can, laugh, piss on it and take or send it home. Then have kids who go to schools for free while we pay for teachers that speak their language because it would be a travesty to expect them to learn and actually USE American English. Then they do things like skip school to march in the streets chanting about taking this land back while carrying flags of their families home country. Sounds like a foreign enemy to me and I think they used to get shot or captured. Now we give them handouts from our pockets while we wipe their spin from our eyes.

For the record, I do think, and I know people, who are truly proud immigrants who contribute and consider themselves American's while they rightly preserve their culture and language. It's just the POS, leaching scum bags I have a problem with.

+1

Hit it right on the head. I am tired of people saying they are Mexican or German or any other foreign country. Most if not all are citizens that say these things. If you are an American and claim any other country(or nationality) first then you need to pack it up and take off.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    All these hyphenated names are for groups of idiots that aint shit & need to feel better about themselves. I feel the same way about women that have hyphenated names.

micah7488

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    Waxahachie/ San Antonio
    i think people who say they are german or mexican or spaniard arent saying it as nationality but more so as a heritage, bloodline, ancestry. i mean my mother was born in mexico because her father was picking fruit in california otherwise she would be a american born citizen. now i dont chant im mexican for like the viva la raza crap but ill say im mexican in the fact that my mom is from mexico and that is where my mother's heritage is from. granted before mexico they came from ireland and whatnot (did a blood search) but that is another post. and my father, well i just know he is caucasian, a smörgåsbord of european countries is all i can say.

as nationalities go, if you become a naturalized citizen or are born here then hyphen crap is pointless.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    “"I care nothing for a mans creed or his birthplace or descent but I regard him as an unworthy citizen unless he is an American and nothing else."
    T.Roosevelt"

“"There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism... A hyphenated American is not an American at all.... Americanism is a matter of the spirit, and of the soul... The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans... each preserving its separate nationality... The men who do not become Americans and nothing else are hyphenated Americans... There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American."

-Theodore Roosevelt”

I did not like some of the balls he started rolling, but he did have a lot of qualities I admire.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    i think people who say they are german or mexican or spaniard arent saying it as nationality but more so as a heritage, bloodline, ancestry.

For me, being Mexican-American doesn't mean much. I can't tell you anything about Mexican history, outside of what I know about Texas history. I have zero interest in La Raza, LULAC, and all that other crap. I'd rather see people get off their ass and get on their feet than watch them sell their soul of for some PC crap, consideration, or entitlements.

Now in Europe, sometimes I'm Mexican

micah7488

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    Waxahachie/ San Antonio
    haha, yeah i believe the raza stuff is retarded but i mean to deny their heritage is just as dumb and unfounded in any thought. its like saying screw history who needs to know it or being uninterested in learning such. without them doing what they did not a single soul would be where they are. and in that respect i think that is why people are grateful but the whole dash stuff is retarded unless you became naturalized. or if you hold dual citizenship because then you literally are a mexican-american, israeli-american, etc...

Now in Europe, sometimes I'm Mexican
    haha

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    They didn't forget their homeland, they held on to and taught their kids their culture and language, but America made sure they knew they were American.

I dunno about that. One of my great-grandfathers was apparently a polyglot, but refused to teach his sons anything but English. Why? Because English is what we speak in America, boys.

micah7488

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    Waxahachie/ San Antonio
    same thing with my mom, i didnt learn spanish until it was required in highschool. the spanish teacher hated me for 'looking the part' but speaking the worst outta the class. not gonna lie, i hate going to laredo and being bombarded by people say "que te necesita?" whenever i order food.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    When I was a kid, the old people made fun of us for not speaking Spanish. Parents, aunts, uncles, etc., usually spoke Spanish when they didn't want us to know what they were talking about. My mother said she didn't want us to speak like Mexicans. We needed to say shoes, not choos, etc..

So ... I took Spanish in junior high for a year, ended up dating a girl from Mexico in high school, and learned what I could along the way. Now eating is another story. I'll still eat menudo, barbacoa, lengua, etc., every chance I get.

In high school, I took two years of French.

micah7488

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    Waxahachie/ San Antonio
    When I was a kid, the old people made fun of us for not speaking Spanish. Parents, aunts, uncles, etc., usually spoke Spanish when they didn't want us to know what they were talking about. My mother said she didn't want us to speak like Mexicans. We needed to say shoes, not choos, etc..

So ... I took Spanish in junior high for a year, ended up dating a girl from Mexico in high school, and learned what I could along the way. Now eating is another story. I'll still eat menudo, barbacoa, lengua, etc., every chance I get.

In high school, I took two years of French.

same in my mothers family, but everyone of my cousins knew spanish as well so it was mainly my sister and myself who were s.o.l.
    or 'sprite' instead of esprite and sheesburger

dude barbacoa is phenomenal, there are alot of taqueria style mexican restaurants and those are always the places to eat, extremely tasty.

my highschool only had spanish otherwise i would have gladly chosen another to learn, farci would have been sweet. graduating class was 22 so it is not like academically we had a plethora of options.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Yep, drop the hyphonated BS, become pure dee Americans, speak American-English, get rid of the foreign flags, fly the Texas and US ones,
    assimulate, develope friends and associate of other backgrounds, and remember the words, Duty, Honor, Country !!!

Damn those who claim to be dual citizens, you are either American or you are NOT !!!! We have a jealous SUPREME BEING, why not a jealous America ?

Top Bottom