• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

EGA Firearms

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2023
    Gainesville, Texas
    Hi yall. I posted a thread on introductions stating who I was and what i do and this morning when i got on here it was poof gone. any idea why that might be? -EGA Firearms-
    Guns International

EGA Firearms

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2023
    Gainesville, Texas
    Maybe so, i was just introducing myself as new to the area and letting folks know i was a gunsmith. Maybe I should have just said i am a Marine and avid shooter, reloader, and hunter. Sure wish they hadnt deleted my post just because i was new and havent paid money...

EGA Firearms

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2023
    Gainesville, Texas
    Thanks. Appreciate the response. the only reason i got on here or knew about this site was because one of my customers told me i should get on here and let everyone know i was a gunsmith. Wasnt aware of the requirement to donate to do so. I was thinking about it yesterday and probably still will but sure wasnt very happy to get cut at the knees on the very first day.

CharlieWH2O

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 14, 2015
    Galveston County

Semper Fi

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Howdy.
    I've dug around trying to figure this out.
    I can't find any trace of another thread.

thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    There is no requirement for a donation to join and be active on the forum.

This only comes in to play when you are advertising your business or doing business on TGT.
    (I am not saying that is what you were intending to do, it just may have come across that way.)

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Thanks. Appreciate the response. the only reason i got on here or knew about this site was because one of my customers told me i should get on here and let everyone know i was a gunsmith. Wasnt aware of the requirement to donate to do so. I was thinking about it yesterday and probably still will but sure wasnt very happy to get cut at the knees on the very first day.
    That will happen if you don't follow the rules. Maybe you should take a little time to check them out to avoid future issues. https://www.texasguntalk.com/threads/commercial-posting.22302/

Steve In Texas

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2023
    Austin, Texas

BusSupporter.jpg

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Howdy.
    I've dug around trying to figure this out.
    I can't find any trace of another thread.
    He started a thread which was basically an advertisement of his business.
    It was reported and maybe the head honcho deleted it.

ETA: I think you actually posted in it, telling him to look at the bottom of the page to see about paying.

EGA Firearms

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2023
    Gainesville, Texas
    Aye i saw that, just didnt realize it was a requirement and not just a suggestion. was gonna give it a couple of days and see if it was worth spending the money to do so. I should have read the rules. my apologies.

Just to be clear, if i pay the fee, i will be able to advertise my services on this forum with no issues?

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Aye i saw that, just didnt realize it was a requirement and not just a suggestion. was gonna give it a couple of days and see if it was worth spending the money to do so. I should have read the rules. my apologies.

Just to be clear, if i pay the fee, i will be able to advertise my services on this forum with no issues?

Pretty much. There's a list of perks that come with it in addition to that, too.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    You haven't posted enough to earn private messaging privileges. That puts you in a tough spot. Every post you make under the name you've chosen is technically a rules violation.

We're not gonna get all twisted over it. People make mistakes and have to learn about new environments.

I strongly suggest you:
    • Stop posting, and
    • Use the "Contact Us" button at the bottom of every page.
    That will put you in direct contact with the board owner who can help with an upgrade (if you want to go that route) or a name change.

And, just to be clear, no, you cannot expect to do business entirely unhindered just because you pay a fee.

We've had a number of accounts pop up over the last few months who bought a membership solely to elevate their privileges immediately. Some wanted to make trouble spouting sovereign citizen bs, some tried to rip off members here by selling nonexistent guns, and at least one was a completely fake gun store with a web site.

If you intend to do honest business, we'd love to have you.

But we have no problem banning ripoff artists who try to fly under the radar by paying a fee or, for that matter, people who simply can't be bothered to read the rules.

I hate to sound like a jerk; that's not my intent. But we've gotten burned a few times lately.

As for me, I hope you stick around and become an active member. We always welcome more good folks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom