• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    I had to drive through Oak Hill today for the first time in a while and noticed that Red's Indoor Range is now called Bentley's. I guess I'm out of the loop. Anybody know what happened?
    DK Firearms

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    I think the new highway being built through there may have something to do with it. Maybe thought it better to get out of the old place and concentrate on the Pflugerville location. Long ago I used to do lunches there during work days. Always felt cramped and claustrophobic in there though. Much traffic will just pass them by when the road is done and make it harder to get to.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    Yeah, that stretch of road has been a nightmare for decades. No sooner did I hear that TXDOT was FINALLY getting ready to break ground on something, when I start hearing ads protesting the fact that TXDOT was about to break ground on something. Go figure.

Anyway, looks like it's still a gun range, just under a different name. Good luck to them.

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I believe they shut down in April of 2020 when Austin started their non essential crap. This was before Trump ruled gun shops as essential business.

I think it was the last straw for that place. I don't know for sure but the timing was right on.

The highway coming through has been in the works since the 70's, that's how long the plans have been written up. My dad's engineer friend showed him .

Anyhow, I don't think that little area will be affected, it will be frontage. The meat market, hotel, and the bait shop were the ones to get axed first about 20-25 years ago. Then on the opposite side about a year ago, the tire , donut, and taco shack got the ax.

ghostrider45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    Central Texas
    My understanding was that the landlord cranked up the rent substantially & Red's said 'no thanks' & consolidated in their North location (Pflugerville). Common problem (greed) that start prior to the plandemic,..er, zombie apocalypse,...fauci-virus..

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Never did go to the Red down south, but if it was anything like the Pflugerville location, then its probably in better hands now. Reds is the worst range I've ever been to. I'm always paranoid about being at public ranges, but Reds took that to whole nother level. Never seen so many bulllet holes in things that were not down range.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    The south location was way, way worse than the Pflugerville location. Never cared for any of their employees that I dealt with. It was unsafe there so I stopped going except offtimes when it was mostly empty. Work from home so it is easier to go during normal work hours and not high capacity times. Been going to Shady Oaks and like that place.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    The south location was way, way worse than the Pflugerville location. Never cared for any of their employees that I dealt with. It was unsafe there so I stopped going except offtimes when it was mostly empty. Work from home so it is easier to go during normal work hours and not high capacity times. Been going to Shady Oaks and like that place.
    That's where I go. Of course I met you there. It's a nice range and I love to shoot handguns there. Rifle range is a bit lacking, but that is the same at any indoor range.

Top Bottom