What have you done to your vehicle lately?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AZ Refugee

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Installed back glass supports on Jeep tj, removed battery Nd installed in Ram 1500, took Ram 1500 battery to O'Reilly 's and exchanged it for good battery, install it in Jeep tomorrow
    Capitol Armory ad

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Once again I had to glue the rear view mirror back on. This last time was one of the longest its stayed on. The shortest being 2 days. This has been going on for like 6 years.

Yes I read the instruction, yes I prep everything as per the instruction sheet. I think it just has a very tiny area that is flat for every thing to stick.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Had to jump start the Honda hybrid with 3200 miles. Apparently parasitic drain or a "dumb" EV system that allows the 12v to drain when used only in short EV trips will drain the 12v. Battery and charging system check okay. Funny the EV battery was high but that doesn't matter when everything up front including starting the vehicle relies solely on the 12v.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Once again I had to glue the rear view mirror back on. This last time was one of the longest its stayed on. The shortest being 2 days. This has been going on for like 6 years.

Yes I read the instruction, yes I prep everything as per the instruction sheet. I think it just has a very tiny area that is flat for every thing to stick.

Duct tape.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    That's trying it best to told my gimp hanger together. They didn't think out the plastic it that mofo very well, as it got brittle & shattered on the hook part.

Have you thought about a auto wrecking yard? They might have one and it might not cost much.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Have you thought about a auto wrecking yard? They might have one and it might not cost much.
    I have th original mirror & metal tab that you glue in place that the mirros slips on. For some reason (Could be the truck is a 2001) it just started falling off. I have tried every mirror glue & have written each manufacture of the glues. They offer nothing other the read & follow the instructions.

My guess is there is a sweet spot on the windshield that is as flat as the glue on tab. Even time it falls off I notice the glue migrates to the out sidesof the tab & none in the middle.

The mirror itself has never had a load on it other then the paper hanger to get in the back gate @ the Renfest, or now my gimp placard. A buddy of mine gives me all kinds of grief about it. His dad even glued it on once that lasted 4 months.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Had an idea but now it's confirmed blew a head gasket on the Mustang.
    Extreme pain in the ass to fix this without pulling the engine which isn't fun on this car or removing the hood, front fender, grill, bumper, valance and so much other crap. Anyone want to trade for an Elk, Pronghorn, Muledeer, and Bear hunt combo?

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I used the Superchips FlashCal on my truck to calibrate speedometer for new tires, adjust TPMS alarm pressure, and most importantly to kill the AFM. Cost me $215 and 10 minutes of my time. And if I decide later on that I want to tune it, I can upgrade the FlashCal software to FlashPaq tuning software for $180.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Had an idea but now it's confirmed blew a head gasket on the Mustang.
    Extreme pain in the ass to fix this without pulling the engine which isn't fun on this car or removing the hood, front fender, grill, bumper, valance and so much other crap. Anyone want to trade for an Elk, Pronghorn, Muledeer, and Bear hunt combo?
    I'd do it, but you'd get it back LS swapped :shades:

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I have th original mirror & metal tab that you glue in place that the mirros slips on. For some reason (Could be the truck is a 2001) it just started falling off. I have tried every mirror glue & have written each manufacture of the glues. They offer nothing other the read & follow the instructions.

My guess is there is a sweet spot on the windshield that is as flat as the glue on tab. Even time it falls off I notice the glue migrates to the out sidesof the tab & none in the middle.

The mirror itself has never had a load on it other then the paper hanger to get in the back gate @ the Renfest, or now my gimp placard. A buddy of mine gives me all kinds of grief about it. His dad even glued it on once that lasted 4 months.
    Maybe they changed the glue to one of those environmentally friendly types. Never seemed to have problems years ago. Just like Dursban, R12, appliances, toilets, faucets and pure gas, these shiffhead greenies get their mits on something that ain’t broke and fuq it up in the name of saving the environment

Top Bottom