What have you done to your vehicle lately?

Discussion in 'Automotive / Motorcycle Chat' started by TheCytochromeC, Apr 25, 2014.

1. grasshopperglock

grasshopperglock Error 404

Jan 5, 2012
    Lubricated the motorcycle clutch cable. 5" section of 3/8" hose slid over the cable end. Small hose clamp to hold it on. Filled the section of hose with some synthetic motor oil. Air compressor blow gun to push the oil down the cable.

Next up. Throttle.

The throttle is push and pull so it has two cables going to the throttle body. Much smaller cables. I need to locate some smaller hose for those. Ill fill the hose section using a syringe. Same thing as the clutch. Air compressor and a blow gun.

2. grasshopperglock

Jan 5, 2012
    Oh yeah. I also have to encapsulate the Chrysler Turbo Encabulator. It's extremely easy once you understand the basic operation. Here's an instruction video.

Maintenance needs to be performed about every 73 days. It's very important.

pronstar likes this.
  3. Brains

Brains Well-Known

Apr 9, 2013
    Cypress
    You don't have to blow the oil down the cable, it'll wick between the cable and the sheath just fine. Not going to hurt anything either of course.

4. grasshopperglock

Jan 5, 2012
    I can't shake the desire. I've been churning it over for awhile. I want to build a Street Fighter sport bike. Using a Suzuki GSX.

Here's the guys that made the Honda nighthawk for the walking dead. They also did a Suzuki. Lots of inspiration.

https://www.classifiedmoto.com/motorcycles/five-o-1000/

5. Charlie

Charlie TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 19, 2008
    Kerr County
    Street fighter? What's that mean? Or is it just an "advertising" name.

6. toddnjoyce

toddnjoyce New Member

Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    What kids today call a cafe racer.

7ef324e6683ed40b85e699e796e67619.jpg

7. Brains

Brains Well-Known

Apr 9, 2013
    Cypress
    or theft recovery.

8. pronstar

pronstar Active Member TGT Supporter

Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    ...or a nekkid bike

9. grasshopperglock

Jan 5, 2012
    The way I understand it. It's the name the English came up with. Basically a naked sport bike with raised dirt bike handlebars. The seat support is also either changed or modified to get rid of the passenger seat. It's more a bobber style then a cafe racer. The cafe racers have low handlebars and a really funky seat. Clubman style bars are popular on the cafe. The cafe's are usually made from Standard motorcycles. (Where the rider is sitting up straight and the foot pegs are mid position.) Not forward like a cruiser. Not rearward like a sport bike.

It also reduces the weight of the bike. Especially getting rid of the long seat support that's either welded or bolted to the main frame.

It's more work then you'd think it would take to convert a sport bike.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017 at 7:18 AM
  10. DD130

DD130 New Member

Aug 21, 2017
    San Antonio
    Just tossed a set of Bilstein HD shocks in my 116,000 mi. Durango. The right front shock was totally blown out, after about 1" of travel the valve failed and shock collapsed to floor.

After it was done the Mrs. said it was night and day over the wallowing manatee handling it had before. Took me about 90 minutes to do all 4... including the required beer breaks.