Venture Surplus ad

What have you done to your vehicle lately?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mp_tx

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    Austin
    Finally got around to fixing my tailgate on my truck. After 20 years, the passenger side tailgate rod retention clip let go, and my tailgate was stuck in the closed position. Rod would jump out of the latch and not actuate the latch.

saw a bunch of different sizes on the Internet, so I figured I would just swing by the stealership and buy an OEM part. Bastards don’t sell the plastic, degradable clip—they want you to buy the whole passenger side latch to get the stupid clip.

pulled the latch, took some measurements, jumped on EBay, and $9.49 later I am back in business with a couple spares to stash under the back seat. I hate dealerships.
    Hurley's Gold

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Lady at work comes into my office yesterday after lunch, tells me I have a flat tire. Went out, sure enough. Even more fun is my car doesn't come with a spare. But they do give you an air compressor and a bottle of Fix-a-Flat type goo. I carry a plug kit though, not using the goo. Dug the chunk of metal out of the center of the tread, plugged the tire, aired it up and I'm good to go for a while. Now I'm wheel and tire shopping, might as well upgrade.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Lady at work comes into my office yesterday after lunch, tells me I have a flat tire. Went out, sure enough. Even more fun is my car doesn't come with a spare. But they do give you an air compressor and a bottle of Fix-a-Flat type goo. I carry a plug kit though, not using the goo. Dug the chunk of metal out of the center of the tread, plugged the tire, aired it up and I'm good to go for a while. Now I'm wheel and tire shopping, might as well upgrade.
    That goo can’t be good for the TPMS. If used does that mean you have to buy a $50 valve stem?

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I can't imagine they'd survive goo and still read anywhere near accurately, so I'm confident you're right. That's why I carry a plug kit. Plus, unless the tire is catastrophically damaged, I know the plug will work.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Bought a new remote key fob for the Expedition and programmed it. Even with a new battery the range on the old one was down to 3 feet max. The new one's range is much improved over that.

I usually put it under my chin, but you could have doubled the range, to 6 feet LOL

Not sure why this works, but it absolutely does

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Tallied the combined mileage for 2022 for my wife and I across all road vehicles we have. 24,492 total for 2022, and that includes two road trips that totaled 9600 miles. Since the covid sham and new ability to WFH, we have cut out driving down to about half

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That goo can’t be good for the TPMS. If used does that mean you have to buy a $50 valve stem?
    Might it help this ? I pulled-over as soon as I felt the vibration.

Attachments

• 3687296C-C331-4AAA-859E-37D21C9BCAF8.jpeg
      3687296C-C331-4AAA-859E-37D21C9BCAF8.jpeg
      587.4 KB · Views: 45

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’m thinking it might take two cans of the goop for that one, lol
    >

That was last week, tire was about 2 years old, had about 15K miles, on it; Wife’s car. Someone had dropped a case box of construction nails on IH 10 !

Then, on Friday my brand new week-old 2023 JEEP Gladiator w/ 307 miles, completely crapped-out, was towed back to dealer’s.

So far, fingers crossed, our old 2001 Wrangler still runs fine !

I’m afraid to look at my carports.

leVieux

Top Bottom