ARJ Defense ad

What have you done to your vehicle lately?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    >
    Actually, no. I had just had Pepe the popos y llantas Guy check it, plus the car has those automatic pressure readers w/ alarm.

The tire failure was all at once. It was in IH10 rush hour traffic, I pulled over asap.
    Well, ok sure. But that big pile of crumbled rubber tells the real story.
    Gun Zone Deals

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    That tire definitely got hot and delaminated. Discoloration of the sidewall is one clue, the crumbled rubber is another. That tire was driven on flat. No ifs ands or butts.

mp_tx

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    Austin
    Pulled the OJ bronco out of storage this weekend. Deleted the oil cooler into the lower radiator hose contraption. Too many points of failure, and I am not towing with it, so I don’t feel it is necessary. Flushed the cooling system and replaced the 5/8 heater core hoses. Coolant was disgusting, and I probably have a heater core, radiator, and water pump replacement in the not too distant future. Definatley going to run it a bit and do another flush. Also did an oil change and aired up the tires to spec. Felt good getting back under the truck in the driveway, and the pleasure of fixing stuff myself.

jetcycles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Shoreacres, TX
    Put a battery in the old war wagon, hope to get 6 years out of this one too!

8a39a2eb0bbcb06f18a492c2da780c90.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    A construction truck had dropped a box of nails onto the interstate. I didn’t find that out until 2 days later.
    A buddy of mine had 3 flats in the last 3 months. Always a roofing nail. Lots of housing construction going on down the street from his house. Coincidence? I don't think so.
    Last flat was on his motorcycle. Had to walk 2 miles home because his wife refused to come pick him up. LOL
    I had to go down there and help him pull the wheel off his bike, he doesn't even have a bike jack. By the time he was done reading the repair manual on how to remove the rear wheel, I had it out. LOL
    Now he has a new tire and is happy. Until he picks up another nail from the construction zone.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That tire definitely got hot and delaminated. Discoloration of the sidewall is one clue, the crumbled rubber is another. That tire was driven on flat. No ifs ands or butts.
    Well, I was driving, and I pulled over as soon as speed and adjacent traffic allowed; it was rush hour in a city of 550,000. I guess I should have run into a truck in the outside lane ? It was maybe 120 yards from first vibration to full stop. My attention was on not having a collision.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Do you sometimes discover your turn turned itself on somewhere along your highway journey?
    >

Gee, I shouldda noticed that you’re “one of the idiots”, by your own admission.

As my late Dad would say: “There’s no use to argue with an idiot!”

So, adios, you are being blocked.

Last edited:

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Well, I was driving, and I pulled over as soon as speed and adjacent traffic allowed; it was rush hour in a city of 550,000. I guess I should have run into a truck in the outside lane ? It was maybe 120 yards from first vibration to full stop. My attention was on not having a collision.
    Reminds me of my old Miata. While going to work one day in the dark, going up a slight incline at 70mph I felt a slight pull. I then saw my driver's side rear tire shoot off to the left into a field. No tpms, RWD and a 50/50 weight distribution in a light car. I could have been driving a few miles without realizing the tire had gone flat.

reddog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2013
    Terlingua
    A lifetime of driving other peoples junk allows me to fix just about anything anymore. Took the day to "upgrade" the wife's 2000 Suburban with new tinted window glass, new window regulators and new door latches all the way around, Cleaned up the contacts on the rear barn doors and now the electric lock works like it should. Darn near like new! Been looking for a new engine and trans for my 2001 Suburban, just need to get my shop done so I can work somewhere besides in the dirt when I swap them out.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Wife’s old Camry that we keep around as an extra tripped the TPMS light a few months back. Tired of seeing that dash light and not sure what that would mean for inspection in Harris county, so figured we would get it fixed. Holy cow, $60 each. One sensor was not responding. At all. Two had dead batteries and only one was working. Discount Tire claimed the batteries are generally good for about 6-7 years. I don’t know if that is correct or not, but the car is 12 years old. Went ahead and replaced them all figuring the one working unit isnt far behind on the crap out scale.

Top Bottom