Military Camp

What have you done to your vehicle lately?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    My headlights have been acting up so I fixed them. Took out the messily wired HID shit and put in LEDs. Used mixing bowls as reflectors. I also tinted the lenses.
    1677964783117.png

PXL_20230304_184114365.MP.jpg

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    What could possibly be more fun than removing bent bumperettes and the 29 year old rusty bolts holding them on the YJ?

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    My front drive/propeller shaft failed on my 4Runner, to include the flange where the shaft connects to the transfer case. Bought a complete assembly and plan to install this weekend.

This should be a relative straightforward job yes? The assembly is already balanced so I expect it to be a remove and replace effort. I'll add anti-seize between the plates connecting the shaft to the front diff and transfer case; blue thread lock to the bolts; torque to specs of course.

Never done this before... any tips from you experienced gear heads?

V-Tach

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    YJ is getting a new windshield today....last time I had it done it was cracked again 1 week later (cement truck)....hoping this one lasts longer...........

V-Tach

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Of course there has to be drama......

If this was your jeep would you be happy with this? The gasket is less than half as wide as the one that was on it.....

Gaps around the corners and the bottom middle of the windshield. They had it covered in tape and told me not to take it off till I got home. I called them and of course the workers were already gone for the weekend.....told them I would be there 0800 Monday morning....

I can't believe they thought this would be accepted.....damn sure wouldn't be if it were their Jeep............

20230310_160113[1].jpg

20230310_160124[1].jpg

V-Tach

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    and...to be real petty picky......I left the new registration sticker on the seat and didn't put it on knowing I was getting a new windshield.....

were they drunk when they put it on?

20230310_160154[1].jpg

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Yesterday I found a phone charging cable in my wife's car that had been chewed on. Looks like maybe mice got into her car.
    I put some dryer sheets in it since I heard they hate the smell.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    and...to be real petty picky......I left the new registration sticker on the seat and didn't put it on knowing I was getting a new windshield.....

were they drunk when they put it on?

View attachment 376952
    I'm surprised you don't use Sticker Shield. My registration and toll tag stickers are attached to them for easy reuse and transfer. Vertical Wrangler windshields are a "wear item". My first one lasted 6 weeks.

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    I couldn't get the leverage and there was no space for me to use my impact to remove the bolts for my driveshaft... off to the shop... @Brains, I'm headed to that same pair of poorer shoes just the same good sir.

Top Bottom