What have you done to your vehicle lately?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pdog109

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2023
    San Angelo
    Welcome to the Forum!

Sorry about the car....

Thanks, been lurking for a while since I knew I would be moving into TX, just got in this week.
    Figured it was time for a new car anyway, since I plan on doing a lot of driving around the state.
    My plan was to keep the old car for around town errands and only use the new car on road trips. Didn't work out lol.
    Capitol Armory ad

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    New fender flares for the YJ....

20230312_132405[1].jpg

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    2 oil changes
    1 set front pads and rotors
    3.5 hours, a new record LOL

Check out my old pads and rotors.

This is just 20k miles on Hawk SuperDuty pads and Raybestos “medium duty” rotors, 33” tires.

I’ve had good wear/performance with this combo in the past on other vehicles.

These wore terribly, you can imagine the amount of brake dust, and within 1 day each rotor had at least one trench dug into it.

E08A2254-1C3D-4DF5-9F34-6351B4650020.jpeg
    CC1C719F-320F-46E8-9EC6-197137658A5C.jpeg
    8A8E65DC-929A-4F9E-995C-7BEDDA23BC59.jpeg
    7DAD862B-960F-41A9-B9CD-5F240D289742.jpeg

OEM set lasted 70k miles, 40k of those with 33” tires.

My buddy is a brake MFR / distributor, he thinks I may have gotten counterfeit parts…I did buy it all on Amazon.

At any rate, I’m beta testing a new pad compound right now, on new rotors. I’ve only bedded the pads and haven’t driven much yet, but so far I like them.

Last edited:

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Replaced the serpentine belt tensioner on my 95 Sonoma. Also replaced the idler pulley while I was at it. Good thing too. The idler pulley bolt had backed out about 3/8ths of an inch. That was a disaster just waiting to happen. The pulley was just kind of flopping around once I took the belt off.

Next project is to recover the 14mm socket that rolled away from me, fell through a round 1" hole, and landed behind the driver side headlight. Can't get to it without removing the headlight.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2023
    Houston
    Replaced the serpentine belt tensioner on my 95 Sonoma. Also replaced the idler pulley while I was at it. Good thing too. The idler pulley bolt had backed out about 3/8ths of an inch. That was a disaster just waiting to happen. The pulley was just kind of flopping around once I took the belt off.

Next project is to recover the 14mm socket that rolled away from me, fell through a round 1" hole, and landed behind the driver side headlight. Can't get to it without removing the headlight.
    I feel your pain about the socket. I've finally stopped losing sockets to the into the dark depths of the engine bay and body panels. Started wrapping electrical tape around the socket and extension to hold it all together. My sockets do get gummy residue, but I can live with that better than magnet fishing.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Recieved new parts like busings, ball joints, roller spring perches to freshen up the front end. Did some Koni shocks a couple months ago. Next is some new rear leaf springs and bushings.

Steamboat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2014
    I'm about to get the roof of my 2014 Ford F150 wrapped. It's Ruby Red and has some bad places in it. Gonna do black wrap through the center of the roof next weekend.

Top Bottom