ARJ Defense ad

What have you done to your vehicle lately?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Well, I looked at the trans parts for my HPI built 6-speed Nissan S15 trans, going into my Cressida.
    Damn thing has been on my bench, apart, for over a year now.
    So much work done to it already, and still not together...

Actually, I did do work on a new, better retainer for the 4th counter gear, a known weak point in these transmissions.
    Still have to bore it to 33.5mm, then split it.
    Also change the type of snap-ring that retains it, went from a standard snap-ring, to a spiral ring.

Used a thrust bearing race to make it from.
    Had to thin it by .005", cut the OD down, and then grind in the snap ring grove.

DSC08810.jpg

DSC08815.jpg

Was thinking about leaving the ID at 30mm, but after thinking about it, decided that cutting on the counter shaft may not be wise.

Have you posted about your Cressida?
    Those were awesome, and underrated, cars, akin to a Supra sedan. Very stealthy.

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    Na, not yet...
    Have been posting upgrades on these Tokyo Taxis for 20+ years on different car forums.
    Bought my first one in '93 when it was 2 years old, and have had 4 of them, not counting an ancestor of the Cressida, the Corona.
    They got me into importing Japanese performance parts around 2000, which I then did for a living from 2002-ish to 2016.
    Started importing due to it being an icon in Japan, and there being tons of aftermarket parts over there, and just about ZERO here in the US at the time.
    When it's together, my son & I go out and hunt Mustangs, and other pig iron V8s, along with imports built by unsuspecting wana-be tuners, and a few bikes, every Friday night.

While I was at the wheel, out of hundreds stop-light matches, it was only beat 5 times.
    A procharged C6, a Roush Mustang, and built fox body, that had license plate frame that said 'Street Racing? - Hell Yes!', a built early Camaro, and a built WRX.
    My son has taken more than I ever did with it, including an upgraded R6 Yamaha when it blew by him as he was leaving a stop light in normal drive mode.
    But those 5 loses always bothered me, so it's nearing the end of a major refit.

It is still naturally aspirated, and still has the original model engine, the 7MGE, had been rocking the original automatic, but with a lot of mods.
    Still has the full interior & sound deadening.
    Auto is going by-by due to NO ONE being able to build a converter that had a high enough stall speed, the best anyone could do was 3100, and this engine doesn't have any bottom end. I needed 5000.
    The close ratio HPI 6-speed with a 9 lb flywheel, and dual plate clutch will handle the drive duties from now on.

This was from 2008 with the wrong final drive gear set (never got out of 3rd):
    2008 Texas Mile - Dash shot

HaHa-1.jpg

Baghdad-Bob-2.jpg

DSC07176.jpg

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Got my $7 inspection this morning.
    Drove my wife's camaro from memphis to Savannah yesterday. Took it for inspection this morning but DMV wouldn't let me register it for her as I'm not on the title. After a trip this weekend to relocate her and the greyhounds, she'll get tags and TX DL next week. Being black it took a few hours cleanup this morning but she may think it's a different car.

Top Bottom