DK Firearms

What have you done to your vehicle lately?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I'd like to take minute to say a heart-felt F-you to the engineers at Chrysler who designed my wife's Jeep so that to replace the passenger side headlight you have to move the ECM and coolant tank and still cut and scrape your hands all up.
    And a special F-you to Sylvania bulbs for making a bulb that only lasted 5 months making me do this job 2X now.
    20230805_180711.jpg

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    I'd like to take minute to say a heart-felt F-you to the engineers at Chrysler who designed my wife's Jeep so that to replace the passenger side headlight you have to move the ECM and coolant tank and still cut and scrape your hands all up.
    And a special F-you to Sylvania bulbs for making a bulb that only lasted 5 months making me do this job 2X now.
    View attachment 399747
    2005 Wagoneer?

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    I had the hydro-boost on my Duramax replaced, picked it up on Friday evening, and drove home less than 20 miles, almost out of power steering fluid. The tech must not have tightened something correctly. I'm pissed, ever since Brasher in Weimar was purchased by Cavender, service has gone to shit and prices have risen. Nearly $1200 parts and labor and they can't even do this right. Monday will be an ass reaming of the service department. I have been a customer there since I was 19 yo, gonna be 54 this month. Time to find a new dealership as well as a repair shop. Had the oil changed at the same time. they were supposed to grease all of the ball joints that didn't happen either. Shoddy low intellect techs.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Rack n pinion on my 08 Tacoma is leaking and feeling funky I'll look at it better tomorrow and just get a new one. So this will be the three things I've replaced on the truck other than wear and tear items.
    1= rear axle bearings $748
    2=front spindles and bearings $208
    3= R&P $3-$400
    Not too bad for 15 years of service.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    The 05 has been used to haul heavy loads, only, which is does well. All the usual stuff failed, door locks, window regulator, door hinges, seat motor, radio. But the engine and drive train has taken all the abuse I have thrown at it and its still humming. View attachment 398146
    I literally beat on mine, it was our off-road toy and tow pig. Lifted, 35’s, yada yada

Other than an injector, i had zero issues in 6 years/120k miles I owned it. Not even a rattle.

I need to stop thinking about that truck and move on with my life LOL

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    My new to me Humvee , I'm calling him Sarge, got a touch up on thr camo yesterday
    383 CARC brown, green and black.
    I decided to do that while I was waiting on the windsheilds to come in and I had the seats out.
    So much less to tape off.

I got the glass in late last night so the top will go on today

I'll update pics when I can
    20230811_130423.jpg

Top Bottom