Gun Zone Deals

What have you done to your vehicle lately?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I wired up my new topper with three 12v outlets, lights and a deep cycle boat battery in box w/ charger and volt meter to run an air conditioner made from a ice chest+aquarium pump+heater core+12v fan
    I made one of those.
    I wasn't really happy with it.
    It drips a lot of condensation and eats ice way faster than I'd imagined.

I hope yours works better. Let us know the results.
    Target Sports

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    I made one of those.
    I wasn't really happy with it.
    It drips a lot of condensation and eats ice way faster than I'd imagined.

I hope yours works better. Let us know the results.
    Yes to the condensation, I made the first one without the pump and heater core, this one works better. I freeze plastic bottles then cover with a bag of ice-that lasts longer than just bag ice . I put the core inside the box so most condensation drips back into cooler. My dog likes it ;)

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Changed oil in wife’s car during my lunch hour. I hate that the entire underbody is encased in a plastic shield. Takes longer to remove the access panel under the oil pan than it takes to do the entire drain/fill/filter. I need to crawl under there one day and paint the location of the jacking points. Those too are hidden, and it’s always a best guess if I hit the right spot based on the diagram I was able to find online. Never paid attention before, but given the rise in CAT thefts, I did scoot to the other side of the car while I was under there and took a gander at it. I did see that the catalytic converter has a steel security cage around it. The same PITA shield running the length of the car would need to be removed and you’d need a bag of different tools to get the cage off, so I suppose I’m safe from cut & go theft

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Changed oil in wife’s car during my lunch hour. I hate that the entire underbody is encased in a plastic shield. Takes longer to remove the access panel under the oil pan than it takes to do the entire drain/fill/filter. I need to crawl under there one day and paint the location of the jacking points. Those too are hidden, and it’s always a best guess if I hit the right spot based on the diagram I was able to find online. Never paid attention before, but given the rise in CAT thefts, I did scoot to the other side of the car while I was under there and took a gander at it. I did see that the catalytic converter has a steel security cage around it. The same PITA shield running the length of the car would need to be removed and you’d need a bag of different tools to get the cage off, so I suppose I’m safe from cut & go theft

My wife’s Prius was the same.

So I cut a hole in the belly pan for easy access to the drain plug, and installed a Fumoto valve while I was at it.

Easy peasy, but she probably lost 0.1 mpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    My neighbor uses a pump to change his oil, designed specifically for that.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    I replaced master cylinder, rear brake cylinders front pads, fuel pump...now driveable after 3 years storage. Guess I'll sell the old roadster and buy an offroad rig!
    1936 Mercedes 500k Lillie Marlene replica with 77 Fox body Mustang 2 running gear 2,8 V6 and overdrive auto tranny. Any Bronco II fans out there?

Attachments

• marlene.jpg
      marlene.jpg
      567.1 KB · Views: 38
    • 500k.jpg
      500k.jpg
      555.8 KB · Views: 50
    Last edited:

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    Received rocker arm this evening. I will install it in the morning while the wind is settled .Boy $130.00 and no new stud or bushing, just the cast iron rocker arm.

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    I was driving the Mercedes wagon into work Friday morning thinking about the radiator I have to buy for the Suburban. I was like a half mile from work and I could feel the rear end fall and blam.... "stop vehicle too low" in red, in the cluster.

Get to work and the rear is totally collapsed. My particular wagon is coils in front and air in the rear for load leveling. The compressor failed. Quick 330 bucks my cost for the part. Under an hour to diag and install the compressor.

I hate cars...

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    I finally got my 2018 honda Grom back up and running. I last blew it up as a super 125. (High compression 125cc piston, head work and cam).

Gas prices finally convinced me to bring it back from the dead.

In with a new 143cc piston and jug. It is the smallest bigger piston set you can fit. Same built head and cam with all other needed parts.

This setup will hopefully get me to and from work for the rest of the year. I am in B/CS and there is a plethora of small motorcycles and scooters in this town. My commute is just a handfull of miles all done at street level with some runs on the feeder road if needed.

For all you fellers that have ever driven any motorcycle or off road anything, this is the apex of riding a slow bike fast v.s. fast bike slow. This thing can lean far enough to scrape the pegs, do wheelies and run "on the paved part" of the city. All done at 10,500 rpm and 45 mph...

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    Dang, my stock yamaha 60 I had as a kid would do 45.
    I'd think the bored out Grom would be faster...

View attachment 324223
    It will probably do 70. I have to finish some sort of a break in on the new 143cc setup. It is literally 5 miles old after my first ride today (monday)Monday.

I have a bit of driving to do for the tune. These new fandangled aftermarket ecu setups with wide band and self teaching maps take a bit of driving to build the mid range map. Getting a 100% throttle tune set up is easy. It is the other 80% of the map that make it run good on the street. I'll probably have some full pulls in the next couple weeks.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Replaced the 7 year old battery in the Expedition. I could have sworn I just replaced it 4 years ago. Maintenance record shows February 2015 tho. Hey, it was still working. I just don't trust them after they hit 5 years.

Top Bottom