Guns International

What have you done to your vehicle lately?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    A local club member was having trouble with a brand new carburetor on his '75 Spider. The float level, choke tension, and choke pull down all needed adjusting right out of the box.

The car is running great now! Watch the video below on how I made those adjustments.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Billet flywheel, clutch install

Attachments

• 20220616_131614.jpg
      20220616_131614.jpg
      420 KB · Views: 47

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    I installed a new battery. The old one died and almost left me stranded in the middle of the night at a deserted location.
    Unfortunately (as expected), the battery was just outside of its 3-year warranty. Those things used to last 8-10 years. You're lucky if you get 5 nowadays. The cheap Chinese soft lead flakes off easy and causes the battery to self-destruct.
    Plus the battery cost me twice as much as last time. LGB!

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I installed a new battery. The old one died and almost left me stranded in the middle of the night at a deserted location.
    Unfortunately (as expected), the battery was just outside of its 3-year warranty. Those things used to last 8-10 years. You're lucky if you get 5 nowadays. The cheap Chinese soft lead flakes off easy and causes the battery to self-destruct.
    Plus the battery cost me twice as much as last time. LGB!
    Yes and I haven't seen a battery last but 3 - 4 years over the last 15+ years. It's so bad I began load testing mine 3 or 4 times a year and replace once it's below 75% of stated value.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    The last several batteries I have replaced were all 3 - 4 years old and failed unexpectedly during hot or cold weather. I have decided to purchase and replace them as a planned maintenance and avoid the approaching unexpected failure.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I'm having an issue on my '98 Ram where sometimes it can't get it into gear. Most of the time shifting is fine, but sometimes it feels like I suddenly lose the necessary throw. The lever doesn't move as far as it normally does. After a lot of wiggling and cussing it, I'll eventually get it into a gear and it'll work fine for awhile again.

I thought maybe it was an issue with the shift tower, but after taking it apart and inspecting it I'm not so sure anymore as it seems fine. I'm guessing it's something internal causing the shift shaft to bind. I'm not really looking forward to tearing the transmission apart as I have other things I want to work on for fun as opposed to working on this out of necessity :laughing:

I made a video taking the shift tower off and inspecting it while I figure out what else to do...

Top Bottom