• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yuri Orlov

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I carry a Tisas 1911A1, .45 ACP; made in Turkey to better than WWII specs in an Alien Gear shoulder holster with two mag pouches and ALWAYS in Condition One; "Cocked And Locked"!
    Target Sports

Attachments

• 1atisas.jpg
      1atisas.jpg
      12.5 KB · Views: 59

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I don't carry any 9mm currently. I've gone back to carrying 1911 in .45ACP. The recoil doesn't bother me and my personal opinion is that the "average" person doesn't necessarily need to carry a large capacity handgun. I live in a small town. If I lived in Houston, etc., I might go to a higher capacity handgun. Of course, anything could happen but odds are, out here in the sticks, extreme high capacity isn't really called for. I do carry an extra mag. Of course folks will say "ya' never know" and I agree to a certain extent. If I was living in Houston, Dallas, Austin, etc. I would probably carry more ammo/mags with me. It's kinda' like someone who keeps a 12 ga. shotgun in the house, (I prefer a 20 ga.). If one thinks shooting a shotgun in the house should be a large one (that I think might endanger others in the house) I would recommend to go ahead and have a 10 ga. available!

10-96inTexas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2022
    Cooterville
    I have a 1911 that I carry occasionally but usually just around the home place (10 acres) when mowing and doing other chores. Recoil is not an issue, in fact it's the favorite handgun to shoot for my grandson who is 11. You are probably right that a high capacity handgun isn't necessarily needed but I like the peace of mind of the extra rounds.

MeatWagonExpress

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2022
    Austin
    my eyes aren't what they used to be so I'm going the rds route on the vp9. still getting used to it, learning to pick the dot up quicker as I draw the pistol. It's a learning curve. View attachment 307425
    Sweet pistol! There is definitely a learning curve to using the red dot. Once you become adjusted and confident with it, you'll be wondering why you didn't do it sooner. You got this!

retired deputy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2022
    the big country
    Hey, Retired, is that the .327 Federal?
    yes sir......
    purty much have settled on the Hornady 32 H&R mag flex-tip load as she is mild in a snub. ....and poa/poi is excellent.

the 100 gr 327 Gold dot was too rodeo in the snub for me....more from the concussion than recoil with that high pressure round. The s&w Longs were more like shooting a 22 than a centerfire......and fun.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I don't carry any 9mm currently. I've gone back to carrying 1911 in .45ACP. The recoil doesn't bother me and my personal opinion is that the "average" person doesn't necessarily need to carry a large capacity handgun. I live in a small town. If I lived in Houston, etc., I might go to a higher capacity handgun. Of course, anything could happen but odds are, out here in the sticks, extreme high capacity isn't really called for. I do carry an extra mag. Of course folks will say "ya' never know" and I agree to a certain extent. If I was living in Houston, Dallas, Austin, etc. I would probably carry more ammo/mags with me. It's kinda' like someone who keeps a 12 ga. shotgun in the house, (I prefer a 20 ga.). If one thinks shooting a shotgun in the house should be a large one (that I think might endanger others in the house) I would recommend to go ahead and have a 10 ga. available!
    Sutherland springs was a small town...

cjstrauss

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2016
    Glock 43X with Shield Arms 15 round mags and Night Fision sights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DK Firearms
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Cbs
    Top Bottom