what if he shouted the "n" word?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DCortez, Nov 10, 2009.

1. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
  2. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    IMO he was not a racist but a religious zealot. There can be a very fine line between the two but when you start killing in the name of God primarily then race becomes secondary.

3. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair

Racism and zealotry aside, the people handling the spin and policy are way out of touch.

4. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    I can't argue that and sadly the vast majority of the media and government is out of touch. Their only concern is covering their pitiful ass's.
    The truth can damage their image of being politically correct.

5. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    The fact is we all need to keep our eyes open and be aware of our surroundings. Whether you are driving a car or a shopping cart, there is no reason to be rude or aggressive. But, that doesn't mean you don't assess the situation or lie to yourself about what you see.

The last paragraph:

And guess what? Most Americans are not stupid -- they can process that information with the clear understanding that Hasan does not represent your average Muslim or your average Muslim serving in the U.S. military. His own words as he opened fire -- "Allahu Akbar" -- and perhaps his online screeds show who he was. He acted not as a stressed-out shrink, but a violent and twisted extremist.

6. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    The fact is most people are not situationally aware.
    This is a learned trait now. In years past most people were situationally aware but the wild west was replaced by the world we live in now. People have placed their trust and lives in the hands of LEO's and assume no responsibility for their lack of awareness.
    That's why I carry a gun it's much lighter and easier to carry than a cop.
    There were many "tale -tale" signs of what this guy was thinking but many ignored these signs for fear of being labeled a racist or over reacting.
    No doubt that many lives would have been spared if more people that day had been situationally aware but they were lulled into a false sense of safety due to the location of the incident.
    Maybe this has a good out come in relation to people being more situationally aware even in areas that should be deemed safe.

7. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I really like how the media is calling the pistol he used "A semi automatic pistol often used by S.W.A.T teams because it shoots armor piercing bullets" it was a FHN five seven. The bullets in those are no more "armor piercing" than any FMJ rifle or pistol bullet.

8. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Sensationalism my friend!
    If they called it a hand gun where is the sensationalism?
    Any time a gun is involved it must "scream" of unsafe and evil!

9. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair

When you factor in the armor most people wear is a thin skin, those are armor piercing. Hell, percieved offense can pierce their armor.

They are selling advertising, not truth.

10. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    They actually are a lot less effective than a standard 9mm. The only commercial loads I know of in 5.7mm are loaded with varmint bullets. Piss-poor penetration...

I really, really doubt he used a Five-seveN.

... If someone cooked up a decent defensive round for it that wouldn't underpenetrate like what's available now and sold it at a reasonable price, I'd seriously consider buying one. They're sweet shooters. Just not real good for self-defense. Ballistically, it's pretty much identical to the .22 WMR. Yep - it's on par with a rimfire cartridge: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.22_WMR http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5.7x28mm