• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Michael Wilson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Price for a 100 or 500 just regular once fired and once fired has been cleaned, polished, primer removed, crimp removed, case sized, and the length trimmed to SAAMI specifications? Thanks

JesseCJC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    well, its usually 50-60/k for the brass itself and there are countless people doing brass processing at 30/k

Michael Wilson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Thanks I have found some once fired 223 that has been cleaned, polished, primer removed, crimp removed, case sized, and the length trimmed to SAAMI specifications for $130 per 1,000 and $77 per 1,000 for just regular once fired 223 brass.

PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    Occasionally there are good deals on .223 brass on Gun Broker. Just bought 1000 mixed headstamp (supposedly once fired range brass) for $65. Tumbled but not trimmed or de-crimped.

medalguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    New Mexico
    Personally, I don't like to buy brass someone else has processed and tumbled bright. It's just too easy to acid dip and tumble the heck out of brass to hide all kinds of defects such as stains, corrosion, etc. I only buy brass that is clean but not tumbled bright, so that way i can see if it's once fired, badle stained, or corroded. I can send it out to someone to process it for me AFTER I have looked it over.

By the way, I find 223 fairly often for 6 cents or less, and full processing should be 3 cents, total 9 cents per round. That's what I would consider a good price.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Texas City
    I prefer to get my brass from police department shooting ranges because most of the time they have to use new ammo while training and qualifying. I am sure you get an officer every now and then on his on time that may be shooting reloads but for the most part it is once fired. Of course you have to process it yourself.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Thanks I have found some once fired 223 that has been cleaned, polished, primer removed, crimp removed, case sized, and the length trimmed to SAAMI specifications for $130 per 1,000 and $77 per 1,000 for just regular once fired 223 brass.

$130 is kinda high, but then again, time is money.

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    Personally, I don't like to buy brass someone else has processed and tumbled bright. It's just too easy to acid dip and tumble the heck out of brass to hide all kinds of defects such as stains, corrosion, etc. I only buy brass that is clean but not tumbled bright, so that way i can see if it's once fired, badle stained, or corroded. I can send it out to someone to process it for me AFTER I have looked it over.

By the way, I find 223 fairly often for 6 cents or less, and full processing should be 3 cents, total 9 cents per round. That's what I would consider a good price.

Stains are not defects. Corrosion will pit the brass and cannot be hidden by acid dipping. I would no trust any brass that has been acid dipped, period. One can over do it and weaken the brass. If the inside looks like new, I won't use it. If the brass takes on a crystaline appearance, it has been overdone in the acid bath. DO NOT USE IT!

Top Bottom