• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dirkjr10

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2017
    Dallas
    I bought a Leupold vx-3i LRP 4.5-14x50 SFP three weeks ago online and then I found a good deal on an illuminated scope so I sent this one back and they charged me a 20% restocking fee and that was almost $200 so I just bought it back from them and am selling it. It is brand new. I opened the box and looked through it and it is an amazing scope but the deal for the VX-5HD I found I couldn't pass up on. The scope has never been fired or anything. What’s a fair selling price considering it’s never been shot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DK Firearms

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I usually list items at 10% off the best price I can find new. I also plan on coming down more in negotiations.

I usually take trades too and that helps retain value if somebody offers something I like.

It all also depends on how fast you want to sell it. More patients equals less loss if you can wait for the right buyer to come along.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    about-10000-dollars-definitely-7200-dollarsdefinitely-meme-23964.jpg

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Last edited:

dirkjr10

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2017
    Dallas
    The lowest price I've seen on a new one is $860 here:

https://www.factoryauthorizedoutlet...MItqT_gdCE2AIVA5RpCh09qgo3EAQYBSABEgJv4fD_BwE

So you could probably sell it for 10% less, $775, if you find a buyer. If you paid about $1000, maybe you should have taken the 20% restocking fee hit.

Wait, is this the same one for $757?

https://www.amazon.com/Leupold-172336-VX-3I-Focus-4-5-14/dp/B01N6JJ7P4#Ask

Yes sir that’s the same one it looks like to me. Smh Amazon always screwing me lol I’m going to try to get 650-700 at least hopefully.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Yes sir that’s the same one it looks like to me. Smh Amazon always screwing me lol I’m going to try to get 650-700 at least hopefully.
    I recently returned a Vortex scope through Amazon for a refund because I found it for $180 cheaper, they sent me a full refund after it was returned. I guess they like me.

dirkjr10

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2017
    Dallas
    I recently returned a Vortex scope through Amazon for a refund because I found it for $180 cheaper, they sent me a full refund after it was returned. I guess they like me.

I bought mine from a sports store out of Maryland or something so they screwed me over. I get too nervous buying high end stuff on amazon. Not trying to get some knock off stuff but yea guess I’m the unlucky one.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I bought mine from a sports store out of Maryland or something so they screwed me over. I get too nervous buying high end stuff on amazon. Not trying to get some knock off stuff but yea guess I’m the unlucky one.

Yeah, mine didn't come directly from Amazon, it came from a place called Sport Optics.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    So you will not buy from Amazon a place with free returns for just about anything that is well known for doing right by the customers. Yet to feel safe you buy from a place that will stick you with 20% returns and I bet you paid more on top of that and paid sales tax.

dirkjr10

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2017
    Dallas
    So you will not buy from Amazon a place with free returns for just about anything that is well known for doing right by the customers. Yet to feel safe you buy from a place that will stick you with 20% returns and I bet you paid more on top of that and paid sales tax.

I’ve bought too many “fake” items on amazon. I’d rather pay more knowing I’m getting a real thing from an authorized dealer. Granted amazon will usually take care of you but I don’t want to go through a chase to find out if I bought a POS or not. At least I know mine is legit and now just need to sell it. Someone will be in the market for it and I can sell it to them for cheaper than they can get elsewhere so it’s all good.

dirkjr10

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2017
    Dallas
    I think next scope I’m going to try out is Nikon Black 1000X 4-16x50 illuminated reticle. Those look nice but dang it I love leupold scopes.

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    Be careful with items purchased from Amazon. Some manufacturers will not honor the warranty with purchases on Amazon. Vortex will. I think Nikon and Leupold do.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom