• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    It was like telling darmi-barreta she was a tranny. I didn't actually think or mean it, I was just playing around. I believe I even PMd her to tell her as much just so she wouldn't get mad at me.
    DK Firearms

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    "Optics"

During this repulsive political season this is a word that pundits and pseudo-intellectuals love to regurgitate.

Coz man, if you smarm out "Optics" you must be smart, huh?

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    "He/She is a piece of work"

Would that be a good or bad thing or is it an undetermined thing?

At any rate, it's a stupid thing to say.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    "Valet Parking"

This can get tricky.

Very rarely, but occasionally, it can be welcome, but most times it's affectation. Especially when it would be simpler to park for yourself when the lot is right next to the eatery. Plus, I can do without the bother of the laborious interchange, what with the vehicle key passed back and forth and sometimes difficult to be found when leaving, the numbered ticket to fiddle with, etc.

As a businessman, I was almost daily taken to lunch on the expense account of others. It was in fact, an integral part of my profession.

As we most often ate in upscale restaurants, a number of them were in the thrall of these extraneous and quite needless blokes.

I would always suggest to my lunch host we avoid them, park and walk into the restaurant under our own steam. Then, when we finished we didn't have go through the interminable bother of the valet examining our ticket, finding the key, blah, blah, blah.

My host, was usually delighted without having to go through this bit of pretentious and often preposterous nonsense when the parking lot was RIGHT THERE.

Spare me the lecture of "well, these guys are just trying to make a living".

No, most often they're avoidable leeches who have no business offering their service when it's more a bother than a service.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    "Valet Parking"

This can get tricky.

Very rarely, but occasionally, it can be welcome, but most times it's affectation. Especially when it would be simpler to park for yourself when the lot is right next to the eatery. Plus, I can do without the bother of the laborious interchange, what with the vehicle key passed back and forth and sometimes difficult to be found when leaving, the numbered ticket to fiddle with, etc.

As a businessman, I was almost daily taken to lunch on the expense account of others. It was in fact, an integral part of my profession.

As we most often ate in upscale restaurants, a number of them were in the thrall of these extraneous and quite needless blokes.

I would always suggest to my lunch host we avoid them, park and walk into the restaurant under our own steam. Then, when we finished we didn't have go through the interminable bother of the valet examining our ticket, finding the key, blah, blah, blah.

My host, was usually delighted without having to go through this bit of pretentious and often preposterous nonsense when the parking lot was RIGHT THERE.

Spare me the lecture of "well, these guys are just trying to make a living".

No, most often they're avoidable leeches who have no business offering their service when it's more a bother than a service.
    Sooo you're sick if the saying "valet parking", or are you sick of valet parking?

Maybe you need another thread for everything that annoys you. You can even valet park my name at the top of your list. ;-)

And yes, I'm joking around again

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    rp-,

"Occupy lives matter too"

Huh?

"Buy the first one for $10.00 and get the second one free"

Sorry sucker, there's no "free" anything.

It's 2 widgets at $5.00 apiece.

Don't believe it?

Tell em you just want the "free one" and then enjoy the laughter.

Top Bottom