Military Camp

What is considered GOOD accuracy in a .22LR rifle?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Josh Smith

Smith-Sights LLC
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Wabash IN
    I'm 36.

I figure when I get to be Sarge's age, I will be able to shoot that well each time too.

Of course, I don't know how old Sarge is, but I noted he's a Retired Sarge, so I figure he's between my dad's age (63 this year) and twice my age.

My cousin was a sniper for the SEALs. He stayed in long enough to be with SEAL Team 6 for a bit, one of the real ones.

Now, this is not to brag; I didn't do it. I couldn't get into the service due to a bad knee I hurt when I was still training in the martial arts (a beginning student blocked on it and I was having a sloppy day anyway.) I personally wanted MEU as I like to be the first to explore places, but that was not to be. Que sera.

My grandpa qualified the highest (2pts away from perfect) on the firing line during WWII -- he said it was no big deal as he grew up hunting during the depression. He also loved the 1903 but hated the 1917; and really didn't like the M1911 as it was issued then. Too inaccurate, he said.

Point is, it's in my blood and only needs to be honed with time and practice. One day I'll shoot as well as Sarge there.

Regards,

Josh

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Shooting groups is easy, see these 10 groups at 50 with my Anschutz.
    th_IMG_1589.jpg

IMG_1587.jpg

The real test of skill for a rifle and shooter is to shoot challenges like our rimfire challenges. Notice how much worse I do at 25 yards (half the distance). These are my best scores on the rimfire challenges and I've shot over a hundred of these targets...
    10Bull25ydOct.jpg

th_25yardtackdriver.jpg

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    I'm 36.

I figure when I get to be Sarge's age, I will be able to shoot that well each time too.

Of course, I don't know how old Sarge is, but I noted he's a Retired Sarge, so I figure he's between my dad's age (63 this year) and twice my age.

My cousin was a sniper for the SEALs. He stayed in long enough to be with SEAL Team 6 for a bit, one of the real ones.

Now, this is not to brag; I didn't do it. I couldn't get into the service due to a bad knee I hurt when I was still training in the martial arts (a beginning student blocked on it and I was having a sloppy day anyway.) I personally wanted MEU as I like to be the first to explore places, but that was not to be. Que sera.

My grandpa qualified the highest (2pts away from perfect) on the firing line during WWII -- he said it was no big deal as he grew up hunting during the depression. He also loved the 1903 but hated the 1917; and really didn't like the M1911 as it was issued then. Too inaccurate, he said.

Point is, it's in my blood and only needs to be honed with time and practice. One day I'll shoot as well as Sarge there.

Regards,

Josh

It's always funny to watch folks assume things......

John, you got 8 years on me. I was retired due to service connected disabilities.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    The real test of skill for a rifle and shooter is to shoot challenges like our rimfire challenges. Notice how much worse I do at 25 yards (half the distance). These are my best scores on the rimfire challenges and I've shot over a hundred of these targets...
    10Bull25ydOct.jpg

th_25yardtackdriver.jpg

Ive shot a few of these and at 50 my best was only an 86-3x.

Josh Smith

Smith-Sights LLC
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Wabash IN
    John, you got 8 years on me. I was retired due to service connected disabilities.

I was being lighthearted. I do thank you for your service regardless of what age you are.

If I have eight years on you, that simply means I'm slackin' and need to shoot more. Think the wife will buy that?

Regards,

Josh

Lame Bear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Shooting groups is easy, see these 10 groups at 50 with my Anschutz.
    th_IMG_1589.jpg

IMG_1587.jpg

10Bull25ydOct.jpg

th_25yardtackdriver.jpg
    Scott, maybe you could trade your Anschutz 54 for Sarge's Savage, give a little to boot, and get some Remington ammo, then you would be all set.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom