• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jamesconn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2016
    Hill Country
    I am trying to do research on the sheriff and all I got was she was in the airforce, got beat by her husband who later shot himself, worked for USAA, and lost the race for commissioner in 2010.

What is her stance on guns?

What has she done so far as sheriff?

Has anybody worked with/for her?

Please explain why you are for or against her as sheriff.

Id like to know more about the sheriff of Bexar county.
    Target Sports

Last edited:

Jamesconn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2016
    Hill Country
    I just moved back to Texas and Im lookin at the sample ballot. Honestly I didnt know there was a Texas gun group. I am glad I found it now that gun trading on FB is no more.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    What is Susan Pamerleau about? Herself.

Suffered under her "leadership" in the USAF, where her personnel policies decimated the force and are still felt today. She had no qualifications to be sheriff but lucked out by running against an incumbent that needed to leave.

Essentially she is a politician. Nothing more.

Even as the only sheriff candidate on the Republican primary, I still won't vote for her.

Odiferous

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Evans, Georgia
    I went to a community meeting a few years ago where she and Judge Wolfe were in attendance - Wolfe gushed about how he and she, as a Democrat and a Republican, could work so well together - even as they told us easily verifiable..um, things that weren't entirely accurate.

x12aesq

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2009
    On US 77 kind of north of I-10
    Seems to be an affirmative action general officer. Possibly competent, but how would one ever know? I do find it just a bit off-putting that a Major General would complain about being abused as a spouse. Might we not expect a general officer to deal with the supposed abuse more directly? For example, "touch me again and you'll leave singing soprano"?

Besides, anyone who is close with Nelson Wolff is suspect from the get-go.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    This lady is a retired two star general? I'm sorry.... why isn't she living a well deserved(?) quiet life in retirement somewhere? Appears the voters need to help show her, she's given enough of herself to service of the country...

Sent from my Apple thang.

Nate C

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Black Cat Ridge
    In response to OP, as well as several of the follow-up comments: 1. To say a MAJ GEN was simply "in the Air Force" is like saying a cardiac surgeon "took a first aid course". 2. Whether or not she benefited from promotional policies weighted in favor of gender, a person doesn't go that far without some degree of competence. 3. There are no real prerequisite "qualifications" to be elected Sheriff. It's an elected position and therefore by definition the successful candidate will be a politician. The only requirements--don't be a felon, be able to win the election, and be able to pass the state licensing for peace officer within the allotted time frame.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    In response to OP, as well as several of the follow-up comments: 1. To say a MAJ GEN was simply "in the Air Force" is like saying a cardiac surgeon "took a first aid course". 2. Whether or not she benefited from promotional policies weighted in favor of gender, a person doesn't go that far without some degree of competence. 3. There are no real prerequisite "qualifications" to be elected Sheriff. It's an elected position and therefore by definition the successful candidate will be a politician. The only requirements--don't be a felon, be able to win the election, and be able to pass the state licensing for peace officer within the allotted time frame.

You obviously have never been in the Air Force, there are plenty of people who have been promoted several times beyond their achievements and/or capabilities. She was one of them. Had she been a white male, I doubt she would have made it past Lt Col; which has pretty much the same "requirements" as to be elected sheriff!

Her performance as sheriff has been about the same as it was when she "led" the Air Force Personnel Center. It's all about her, and she's only looking to further her political career as she actually believes her own bullshit that she's smarter than everyone else!

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    You obviously have never been in the Air Force, there are plenty of people who have been promoted several times beyond their achievements and/or capabilities.
    tumblr_n99owvCBXz1sgl0ajo1_250.gif

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rjdearinger2
    Top Bottom