What is the best coffee?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by kingofwylietx, Mar 28, 2009.

1. kingofwylietx

kingofwylietx Well-Known

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I'm sitting here enjoying my Pilao coffee on this cold morning. It's nothing special if you live in Brazil, but it is very smooth and rich compared to normal American brand coffees you find at the grocery store. I can only find it at a couple of places online. One of my wifes patients takes it to her office. Since my wife doesn't drink coffee, she will sometimes bring it home......now I'm hooked. I really like it.

My dad drinks coffee, but doesn't really seem to care for it. He will drink any type or brand, just give him a cup and tell him it's coffee....he's fine with it.

What is your favorite brand or type of coffee and why?

2. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Some of the best coffee is Jamaican Blue Mountain, blended. Bustelo is good with condensed milk, Puerto Rican style.

We've tried Hawaiian, 100% Blue Mountain, and several others. None were that great. ATM, we drink Hills Brothers or Folgers, depending on what Sam's stocks. Grinding beans has lost it's charm.

If we are out having coffee, I usually get an expresso.

3. dbgun

dbgun TGT Addict

Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Folgers-Breakfast blend

4. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Jamaican Blue Mountain rocks. It's one of the few coffees I can identify by smell.

New Mexico Pinon Coffee is very good, with a really complex flavor. I loved drinking the stuff. I just noticed they have a Texas blend. I might have to make the wife try it out for me.

Don't make me start drinking caffeine again, guys... This time quitting has been the hardest.

5. kingofwylietx

kingofwylietx Well-Known

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I don't know how you quit drinking coffee. If I wake up anywhere (vacation, home, wherever) and we don't have coffee........I'm grabbing keys for a coffee run. I don't care how far I have to go.

6. baboon

baboon Well-Known

Cafe Du Monde prepared as Ca phe sua da.

7. kingofwylietx

kingofwylietx Well-Known

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    That is one of my chickory coffees.....Cafe Du Monde.

8. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Willpower, that's how. I cut down on how much I drank, till I was on a cup a day, then just went cold-turkey one three day weekend. Headache for two days, then occasional cravings since...

9. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Oh yea, cafe su da (vietnamese) is one of my favorite coffees. Any time I get a bowl of Pho, I like one of these iced delights (basically ice, an expresso, sweet condensed milk).

So far as quitting, I wish I had never started, lol. I can't live without my daily jug.

10. baboon

baboon Well-Known

So where you eating Pho ate? You need to get over to Huynh @ 912 St Emanuel. They have a coffee they import that has a chocolate flavor. Kind of like when the wife makes them @ home & adds Hersheys syrup.