• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I'm sitting here enjoying my Pilao coffee on this cold morning. It's nothing special if you live in Brazil, but it is very smooth and rich compared to normal American brand coffees you find at the grocery store. I can only find it at a couple of places online. One of my wifes patients takes it to her office. Since my wife doesn't drink coffee, she will sometimes bring it home......now I'm hooked. I really like it.

My dad drinks coffee, but doesn't really seem to care for it. He will drink any type or brand, just give him a cup and tell him it's coffee....he's fine with it.

What is your favorite brand or type of coffee and why?
    Capitol Armory ad

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Some of the best coffee is Jamaican Blue Mountain, blended. Bustelo is good with condensed milk, Puerto Rican style.

We've tried Hawaiian, 100% Blue Mountain, and several others. None were that great. ATM, we drink Hills Brothers or Folgers, depending on what Sam's stocks. Grinding beans has lost it's charm.

If we are out having coffee, I usually get an expresso.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Jamaican Blue Mountain rocks. It's one of the few coffees I can identify by smell.

New Mexico Pinon Coffee is very good, with a really complex flavor. I loved drinking the stuff. I just noticed they have a Texas blend. I might have to make the wife try it out for me.

Don't make me start drinking caffeine again, guys... This time quitting has been the hardest.

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I don't know how you quit drinking coffee. If I wake up anywhere (vacation, home, wherever) and we don't have coffee........I'm grabbing keys for a coffee run. I don't care how far I have to go.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I don't know how you quit drinking coffee. If I wake up anywhere (vacation, home, wherever) and we don't have coffee........I'm grabbing keys for a coffee run. I don't care how far I have to go.

Willpower, that's how. I cut down on how much I drank, till I was on a cup a day, then just went cold-turkey one three day weekend. Headache for two days, then occasional cravings since...

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Oh yea, cafe su da (vietnamese) is one of my favorite coffees. Any time I get a bowl of Pho, I like one of these iced delights (basically ice, an expresso, sweet condensed milk).

So far as quitting, I wish I had never started, lol. I can't live without my daily jug.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Oh yea, cafe su da (vietnamese) is one of my favorite coffees. Any time I get a bowl of Pho, I like one of these iced delights (basically ice, an expresso, sweet condensed milk).

So far as quitting, I wish I had never started, lol. I can't live without my daily jug.

So where you eating Pho ate? You need to get over to Huynh @ 912 St Emanuel. They have a coffee they import that has a chocolate flavor. Kind of like when the wife makes them @ home & adds Hersheys syrup.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    So where you eating Pho ate? You need to get over to Huynh @ 912 St Emanuel. They have a coffee they import that has a chocolate flavor. Kind of like when the wife makes them @ home & adds Hersheys syrup.

I started at Kim Son back around 1984 iirc, on thap cam and goi cuon.

One of my favorites had been Pho Saigon, around 2600-2800 Milam. Their quality has gone was down. They opened up a new on in the Hollister/Tidwell area, thumbs up on that one. Quality is consistent. A new one, closer to home, opened on 3/10 of this year. Pho Danh on 1960 & Steepleway (just past Jones Road). They have the best broth I've ever tasted. Only down side, no goi cuon.

Will have to check out the one on Emmanuel next time I pass through downtown.

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    At the risk of sounding like a unsophisticated coffee affectionado I really like Ihop coffee. I seldom drink coffee after my 1st two large cups in the morning but when I go to Ihop, on rare occasions, I have to have a cup of their coffee. Maybe it's a subliminal throwback memory to the old days coming home late from the bar scene to stop at Ihop for coffee, pancakes and eggs.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    IHOP's & Denny's IMHO have coffee that is only a bit less watery then what my dad use to drink. It's seldom my choice for a breakfast beverage as it tends to get me into the restroom more then I care to go on busy days.

Most IHOP's & Denny's get me in there for a different reason.

Starbuck's on the other hand is nasty as it tastes burnt to me. The price is another reason I'm not crazy about it. I also look at Starbuck's as a flakey place for liberal idiots to hang. On a part time bar manager job I do @ the Texas Renaissance Festival we have a pot that the employees brew in. One of them brings in Starbuck's coffee as his sister gives it to him. That tastes more to my liking then the franchised locations.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair

Need to hit downtown real fast, will stop in for lunch and report back...

Hopefully Starker can make up some ground.

Top Bottom