• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • freonfreak.270

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    im sure ill start an argument on here but oh well i want the advice. im looking for the best quality polymer pistol. they all feel good in my habd so thats not a concern or something i want to hear... in the end what is the better quality? glock, smith and wesson m&p, springfield xd, or xdm??
    Capitol Armory ad

kawi jm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    The best IMHO is H&K, The P series and the USP series are some of my favorite poly framed guns.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    im sure ill start an argument on here but oh well i want the advice. im looking for the best quality polymer pistol. they all feel good in my habd so thats not a concern or something i want to hear... in the end what is the better quality? glock, smith and wesson m&p, springfield xd, or xdm??

Of those choices, I prefer Glock.

They are such a simple and well-proven pistol.

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    I've owned Glocks.

Now I own XDs (sold all the Glocks).

They are a very well thought out design.

I especially like that the front rails (where all the stresses occur) are not molded into the frame, but are part of a removable steel structure.

xd40apart800x600re4.jpg

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    While I like Glocks, I'm not in love with them or anything. One thing I will say is there is no other platform in the polymer handgun category that is as tried and tested like Glocks have been. They have withstood the test of time pretty well. Most of the other options out there haven't been around nearly as long, so by default they wouldn't have been tested as much. The M&P series are proving to be a pretty robust option in this category. H&K's are good of course too. I never could get into the XD's, however they seem to work great and plenty of people love them.

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    The best? Of course you will get a half dozen answers to that Q. Glock, HK, XD, FN, S&W, Ruger, EAA, etc (not in any order) are all good guns. they all have their faults. Whatever feels right in your hand, hits where you poinit it, goes bang EVERY TIME.

IMHO, pick one and shoot it a bunch (1000+ rds) until you are good with it and confident in its reliability. Buying the "best" and shooting it 50-100 rds is like buying a Ferrari, driving it home and parking it in the garage.

hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    I don't think you could get a poly handgun any better than a HK. Here's my USPc 9mm 12 years and about 47K trouble free rounds later. I did have to change my nightsites on it as the old ones where getting pretty dim...other than that it's been flawless. I carried it daily till the P2000SK came out so it's but a bit of holster wear but I think it looks good on it.

1000217nt8.jpg

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    I have owned Glocks and I really like them. However, I own a FNP-9 now and it is a top quality weapon. I am very impressed with it and I think FNH is over looked by the more popular brands.

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    I especially like that the front rails (where all the stresses occur) are not molded into the frame, but are part of a removable steel structure.
    Reference to the G22 malfunctions?
    Not really, but Glock does use the design.

Kahr is having some notable issues with their rails leaving their polymer frame.

Also, just having a steel assembly with the frame rails in it is a stronger solution than just a couple of rails by themselves stuck in the frame.

txdude

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    The nice thing about a Glock is you can find more accessories...like .22 conversion kits.

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    HK or Sig are on the top of my list.Glock's and XD'sare also a good choice if you do not have a lot to spend.

Furyataurus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Helotes,TX
    The best IMO is HK, I have one and she has been flawless, a true "combat" pistol. My FNP40 is giving my HK a run for her money though! lol Even though I don't have as many rounds through my FNP40 as I do my HK.

perchjerk

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    lets not forget the sigs...sigs are great weapons. but if i were to rate the weapono for the best bang for ur buck i would recommenbd the g19. Great capacity..easy to conceal...very reliable. good luck with ur decision

Top Bottom