Military Camp

What is the deal with all the "Financial Advisor" positions on LinkedIn?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ducati

Gym, Tan, Laundry
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 6, 2021
    San Diego
    I am looking for an entry level position at a commercial real estate firm in the Austin area and have been looking on LinkedIn and Indeed. There are so many "Financial Advisor" positions advertised within small firms selling life insurance and annuities that are simply pyramid structure telemarketing positions with little to no salary and all commission.
    Military Camp

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    …selling life insurance and annuities that are simply pyramid structure telemarketing positions with little to no salary and all commission.

Exactly that.

It’s an unbeatable business model.

Low overhead, people work from home.

If your labor isn’t making you money, they ain’t getting paid.
    Which makes it easier to scale-up the business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    It seems to me that open jobs in real estate should be easily outpacing the applicant pool.

They are also commission based too I hear.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I am looking for an entry level position at a commercial real estate firm in the Austin area and have been looking on LinkedIn and Indeed. There are so many "Financial Advisor" positions advertised within small firms selling life insurance and annuities that are simply pyramid structure telemarketing positions with little to no salary and all commission.
    Son in law tried that 2 years ago. Promises and numbers mentioned that nobody ever made! He lasted the longest out of his group and that was 3 months. I'm sure there are some decent jobs but all those commission jobs where your coworkers are always new is a red flag.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Have a gôddämn job in hand before you move here. Just a tip to make life easy and all that.
    Or just trade some of the equity from the sale of your zillion dollar CA house for a $100k house in TX (that you paid $200k for) & retire on the remaining equity - like lots of CA2TX folks do.

Last edited:

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Or just trade some of the equity from the sale of your zillion dollar CA house for a $100k house in TX (that you paid $200k for) & retire on the remaining equity - like lots of CA2TX folks do.

Those bastards are the worst. Got a couple in our neighborhood complaining about property taxes. Well, you did it to yourself there, buddy and my bill increase is collateral damage.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    Those bastards are the worst. Got a couple in our neighborhood complaining about property taxes. Well, you did it to yourself there, buddy and my bill increase is collateral damage.
    Yep, with all of the McMansions and McRanch houses popping up property "values" will go through the roof which means higher taxes for the rest of us. I hate to recommend anything from Maryland but their mud tax leaves current property owners with some protection while adding additional costs on the buyers of new homes - to cover the increased infrastructure costs of the new homes instead of putting the costs on the current residents.

LaborLawPaul

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2021
    North Texas
    My wife and I looked at a new build in Prosper about 8 years ago. Decided to pass. It has more than tripled in price since then. I do not understand how regular people can afford that - other than Californians. I wonder if the housing market will collapse a bit once the flow of Blue-State-Runners subsides. But honestly, I don't know if it will anytime soon. Those Blue States are horrible.

Top Bottom