• ...and so much more!
  • Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Remington 141 in 35 Remington that I used for deer. Also have 41 magnum.
    I've got a couple of rifles in 35 REM. Never thought it was an offbeat caliber until the great ammo panic of 13. It pretty much stopped being made by almost all manufacturers at the time so they could supply other more popular calibers, then went back into production afterwards. I have several hundred rounds of it now - just in case - and have 200 rounds more ordered. It is a good caliber for hunting out in the woods with fairly close in shots. Probably make a decent hog gun, I may find out when I next go hunting.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    .450 Bushmaster, not exactly available on the shelves these days and there has never been much variety of flavors for it either. Which is why I sold my .50AE, with which funds I purchased the 450. I still really like it though.
    450 may not be on the shelves but ammoseek lists a decent variety from various manufacturers in at least a few different bullet weights. I am not trying to say it's not offbeat - heck, I never heard of it before today but it is available if you need it.

oohrah

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    .38 S&W, not easy to find, so I have a tendency to hoard it when I can find it. I inherited my grandfather's Colt Bankers Special revolver (s/n dates to 1921) with his original black leather holster.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    450 may not be on the shelves but ammoseek lists a decent variety from various manufacturers in at least a few different bullet weights. I am not trying to say it's not offbeat - heck, I never heard of it before today but it is available if you need it.

If you ever run across any factory loaded .225 Winchester let me know.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    If you ever run across any factory loaded .225 Winchester let me know.
    A couple of boxes of it are currently on sale at GunBroker but while they say it's new ammo I cannot attest it is factory loaded:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/853080148 - Winchester Super-X, shown as new old stock, $75.00 starting bid required, closes at 9:52 tonight (probably EST)

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/863421625 - Colorado Custom cartridges, shown as with new brass, 8 boxes of cartridges available, buy now price $70.00 per box.

They probably also want your first born for them.

Last edited:

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    .38 S&W, not easy to find, so I have a tendency to hoard it when I can find it. I inherited my grandfather's Colt Bankers Special revolver (s/n dates to 1921) with his original black leather holster.

SWFA usually has it. I've got enough brass now that I started reloading it.

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    7.62X38R is for the Nagant revolver. It is the only revolver I know of that can be suppressed/muffled.

I have one of mine with a 1/2-28 threaded barrel.

Although the Dan Wesson revolvers can come close since you can set the clearance between the cylinder and forcing cone. I have contemplated having an adapter made to act as the barrel nut with a threaded portion extending past to screw a suppressor on for experimentation purposes.

But the Nagant is unique in how the cylinder moves forward to seal all the gases from escaping between the cylinder and forcing cone.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Shot a 22 Jet pistol before. Belonged to my father in law. 22 Hornet rifle was his too.

458 SOCOM is the only one I have currently.

Top Bottom