Guns International

What is the statutory definition (if one exists) of "physical premises"?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tblack89

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2022
    Hutto tx
    Enhancable to SJF within 1000' of a school, iirc.

Again I ask what did you plea to?

If a felony, even a SJF, you have lost your right to carry by the laws of this state.

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk
    My step brother went hunting 1 night, we used to spotlight. He forgot the rifle was behind the seat of the old single cab he drove to school.

The next morning he got to school and leaned the seat up to get his books, school cop saw rifle and immediately arrested him.

He wound up pleading to a misdemeanor instead of the SJF, guess It depends on the judge.

1 thing I learned in small Texas towns is depending on who you knew and how much you had to spend, you could make things flat out disappear.
    Capitol Armory ad

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    As a senior in high school, I was arrested for having a knife in my car that was parked in an alleyway that was outside of a high school. The school cops and administrators made a huge deal out of nothing and acted like heroes for stopping an inevitable mass-casualty event which only happened in their fantasies. The courts thought it would be justice well served to turn me into a felon at the age of 17 for this greivous offense.

I took a plea bargain, but despite what the courts told me, the charge is still on my record. It has made finding employment difficult my entire life.

These types are out there, especially in public schools, and will treat anyone they can the same. Trust me when I say they get a huge thrill out of ruining decent people's lives for no good reason.

Being "arrested" is NOT getting a ticket. Sounds like he was arrested and booked. Had a court date set and went before a judge. Still doesn't say if it stayed a felony or not. Also, he said he went before a judge then took a plea bargain. That, to me, sounds like he was convicted of something. Still not sure of what. The police/courts have the option of keeping this on your record or not. If on your record, it will show if it's a felony or not and what the disposition was.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Being "arrested" is NOT getting a ticket. Sounds like he was arrested and booked. Had a court date set and went before a judge. Still doesn't say if it stayed a felony or not. Also, he said he went before a judge then took a plea bargain. That, to me, sounds like he was convicted of something. Still not sure of what. The police/courts have the option of keeping this on your record or not. If on your record, it will show if it's a felony or not and what the disposition was.
    Exactly!

Top Bottom