• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone
    These are known as possible shooting parts kits. Those FA91 receivers were the worst and are known to have the barrel to trunnion loosen up. At 350.00, you did good......I would have taken a chance too. It looks like an HK barrel at least. I wonder what the bolt group is.
    I figured the parts were worth that much since the bolt clearance is in spec. Didn't think about looking at the bolt for markings, but I didn't recall seeing any numbers on the parts.

Not seeing any indications of looseness near the trunnion, but having been told that, I'll keep an eye on it.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I never heard good things about these. I remember when shotgun news had them listed for 299. If it wasn’t the aluminum receiver it was the bolts.

DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone
    There’s one for sail in the classifieds.

Mailman, if he buys it I expect a commission.
    Oh.. I know... believe me.. I have it bookmarked... (trying) to save money to by a gentleman's ranch.. so.. if I grab it.. there might be some domestic repercussions that I really don't want to deal with.

DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone
    Looks like a good parts kit / wall hanger to point and explain why you don’t glue guns together.
    ROFL. Worth the spare parts to me, and like you said.. makes an interesting door hanger; but I plan to shoot it until it starts to show signs of destruction. Right now, it's tight, bolt is right in the middle of spec. I realize there is epoxy, but the way they machined it (and I'm not machinist) I'm having a hard time pointing out the casting -> epoxy -> steel transition points. Still think I'll machine down that nasty crackle finish on the casting.... easy way to waste some time while the house is full of annoying visitors.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I hunted deer with a group using a 91 I bought new in 81 for $500. I caught a lot of crap for it.
    I bought mine out of a Mom & pop place that ordered it for me. The place was a hang out for retired dudes who brought donuts & drank coffee with the owners.

The day mine came in I knew because I was working @ UPS as an AM pre-reloader. Even arranged with the driver of the route to drop it off early.

When it arrived & the box was opened all the oldsters gathered around to check out what I waded forever to get. One of the oldsters asked what I planed on shooting with that, to which my smart ass stated anything I want.

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    These are known as possible shooting parts kits. Those FA91 receivers were the worst and are known to have the barrel to trunnion loosen up. At 350.00, you did good......I would have taken a chance too. It looks like an HK barrel at least. I wonder what the bolt group is.

What he said! Even by Century standards, these were a bad idea - but the parts are worth the $$$

Eli

Top Bottom