• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldnbald

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Abilene, Texas
    I alternate between three guns for carry: Para P 12-45; Llama MiniMax .45; and a Taurus PT 911 in 9mm. I carry the Taurus when I want to show off. It's the Blue/Gold/Pearl model - my friends call it my "Pimp Gun". I think it's gorgeous! That's the main reason I bought it. And, to agree with a post in the Pictures of your handgun postings, I probably trust the Llama over either of the others. I've had it for several years, and it has NEVER let me down. Goes bang every time.

ReVrEnD_0341

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Seems to alternate between my SA loaded 1911, and my Colt Officer's acp. I'm in the process of picking up a KelTec P3AT, Tarus PT111 9mm, and I need a good wheel gun I can carry.

If I ever feel like being a cowboy I can always carry some 45 long colt fun. Wouldn't that be interesting?

texaspartsman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    Seguin
    NAA 380
    pistol only cost me some pain and suffering, no $ outlay
    makes a nice pocket gun, gutter snipe night sights , custom cocking serrations, my name is the serail # , for those times when my Springfield compact is too much too carry. :)

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Just made a little change to mine. All SS just wasn't heavy enough. I had to get rid of the plastic MSH in lieu of an Ed Brown SS Snakeskin MSH.

I can't have a Kobra Carry right now, but I can at least say I have Ed Brown parts. :D And what a beauty it is. A really clean drop in fit as if it was mad e for my gun. And so much more comfortable than the plastic checkered MSH. Grips nice, easy to slide up but bites on the way down so it holds grip as good as checkering, but not in both directions which makes for better grip adjustment.

2348377880_8ff67c8367_o.png

2348376852_98556cf76c_o.png

7six2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    North Texas
    I have a Rossi Mdl 68 five shot, .38SPL w/ 3" Barrel. Idiot proof and accurate. Certainly not a high end piece but I trust her.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I have a Rossi Mdl 68 five shot, .38SPL w/ 3" Barrel. Idiot proof and accurate. Certainly not a high end piece but I trust her.

Not about dollars, it's about what goes bang when you need it most, and you feel the most comfortable with. Don't think anyone can fault you for that.

bikerbill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Lago Vista
    When it's warm and all I'm wearing are shorts and a t-shirt, I carry a Kahr PM9 in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster. When I can wear a jacket or overshirt, I usually carry a Taurus 617 loaded with Double Tap .38 +ps, in a Rafters Gunleather paddle holster ...

hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    I switch off between these 3 depending on mood and dress (just got the S&W yesterday though so I'm still breaking it in).

S&W SW1911PD commander in Milt Sparks VMII

HK P2000SK 9mm in Milt Sparks VMII

Secamp .32 in Ron Graham pocket holster

Moe Howard

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    I rotate quite a bit. NAA Guardian .32 in the pocket as a BUG. Prefer the Springfield Mil-Spec when not at work but a 1911 gets real heavy in the hot Texas sun in summer. A Sig p229 in .357sig, also a little heavy in summer, but still gets a workout. S&W M&P9mm and I just bought and broke in a Kel-Tec p11 9mm, and holy cow that thing is light and completely surprised me at the range as to its accuracy and reliability. It looks like a toy but it is already getting hard to make myself carry anything else when it holds 10+1 and weighs 23oz fully loaded.

Top Bottom