• ...and so much more!
  • Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    Here lately it's been a J frame Smith & Wesson 442. I have an old Model 36 that I like to carry but the Airweight 442 is much lighter. I even pulled out my new spare Mika pocket holster to carry the 442.

4421.jpg

4422.jpg

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    My Walther has supplanted my M&P as my main EDC for a while, but now that I have the optic I want mounted on it - the M&P is pretty much getting left as the backup gun / backup bump in the night gun (since I don't have a light bearing holster for either gun right now, I leave the light on the M&P, chamber empty just like my AR)

Mad4Pistols7273

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2022
    Dallas
    Here lately it's been a J frame Smith & Wesson 442. I have an old Model 36 that I like to carry but the Airweight 442 is much lighter. I even pulled out my new spare Mika pocket holster to carry the 442.

View attachment 299642

View attachment 299643
    I’m like Geezer on my carry gun. You just can’t beat the simplicity and reliability of a hammerless revolver IMHO. Mine is a two tone 442.

Attachments

• 9DB05948-0A0C-484D-AAA3-8F30BCFCB288.jpeg
      9DB05948-0A0C-484D-AAA3-8F30BCFCB288.jpeg
      557.5 KB · Views: 68

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    You just can't see the "hammer". . . . . . .

Can't use as single-action.

Pros & cons to that. . . .

Still a good choice !
    I can't see the hammer but, I know it's there.
    If I ever need to use the revolver for defensive use, I wouldn't take the time to cock the hammer, just point and pull. That's why I shoot all of my DA revolvers in DA, it's just natural now.

Mad4Pistols7273

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2022
    Dallas
    I don't carry a backup gun often. The times I carry a backup, it's usually a 442.
    In my early years as a wet behind the ear knuckle dragging boy in blue I met a seasoned vet who told me his near death experience. He advised a felon got his primary (S&W 5906 with mag disconnect) and if his magazine hadn’t dropped during the altercation he probably wouldn’t have been there to tell the story. Laying there in a fetal position getting bludgeoned with his primary weapon he remembered his j frame Smith in his ankle. He was able to deploy it and it saved his life. Made a real believer out of me. I went out that weekend and bought a 442 and the love affair started.

Mad4Pistols7273

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2022
    Dallas
    You just can't see the "hammer". . . . . . .

Can't use as single-action.

Pros & cons to that. . . .

Still a good choice !
    You have a valid point. I’ve practiced with mine enough that I’m extremely comfortable out to 15 yards. I qualify every year with it and she goes everywhere with me. From duty to being at home going to the mailbox in my gym shorts. Paranoid? Maybe! Unprepared? NEVER!

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Anyone carry a backup to their backup in case their main carry and their back up backs up?

Not personally, but I knew a fellow who carried two J frames in addition to his 1911 (when he was a 1911 guy before becoming a Sig guy, at least) - he had them so he could access one with either hand in case the 1911 went down, or if he wound up in a fight and couldn't deploy the primary.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You have a valid point. I’ve practiced with mine enough that I’m extremely comfortable out to 15 yards. I qualify every year with it and she goes everywhere with me. From duty to being at home going to the mailbox in my gym shorts. Paranoid? Maybe! Unprepared? NEVER!

During our recent decade in central New Orleans, I had to carry a .45 to take our garbage to the dumpster INSIDE our gated, guarded complex ! When I'd tell "outsiders" about this, they'd laugh, as though it were some kind of joke. No joke !

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    During our recent decade in central New Orleans, I had to carry a .45 to take our garbage to the dumpster INSIDE our gated, guarded complex ! When I'd tell "outsiders" about this, they'd laugh, as though it were some kind of joke. No joke !
    Whenever I go out the front door I'm carrying, take out the garage, mow the lawn, check the mail.
    Edit: forgot to mention 45 acp S&W Shield!

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom