• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Moezilla

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2008
    Allen
    Some nice rigs to look at for sure, I'm in the process of deciding which one to get for me. I'll need one for each, my USPc 9mm and my XD 45c. Right now I'm leaning heavily towards the Crossbreed for my XD but am still undecided for my USP. The biggest problems with choosing a holster are not really getting a good feel for how it will work until after you've purchased and the lead time on many of them are extremely long. Everyone speaks very highly of Mitch Rosen holsters but the wait time is just too long for me to consider one of them until after I already have a holster I can use in the meantime.

I'm still waiting for my plastic but want to get something I can use in the meantime, to get acclimated to. May just end up getting a Galco for the USP to give it a whirl along with the Crossbreed.
    Texas SOT

bertel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    South Austin
    started with my CDPII in a VMII as all I ever heard about it was that it was THE holster to get. Not one for pointless research, I went straight to what was being heralded as the best.
    Long story short, not impressed, but not knowing any better, I went with it.
    I had a comp-tac shirt tucker given to me by a former 1911 carrier. It sat in a drawer for months before I tried it. Once I did, I never looked back. Absolutely love it.
    It's 10X more diverse than the VMII. No belt loop issues, easy on/off, light weight, easily/inconspicously adjusted on the fly for any extra bending or sitting.
    My one beef with it is the intolerance to cold. Cracked the belt clip after spending all day in the glove box near freezing temps.

Thumper_6119

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Amarillo, Texas
    I use an Andrews Custom Leather Hybrid Saddle Style Holster w/o thumb-break and a double mag pouch (both holster and mag pouch in black) with a Beltman Double Layer Bullhide Belt (1.5") with stiffeners. Exceptional quality work on holster, mag pouch, and belt. Holster and mag pouch are nice thick durable leather with an VERY nice finish. The seams on the holster are offset to the center line of the gun so that when the holster is worn, it doesn't pinch the gun an make it too difficult to draw. Tension is controlled with the adjustable screw on the side and an internal spring.

Here's a pic of the holster from their website:
    holster.jpg

Andrews Custom Leather

I carry a Beretta 92FS.

TJ Willy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Wichita Falls
    Galco Miami rig for the T85CH with spare loads to balance (some). Couple of Uncle Mike's OWB for the PT140, IWB. One slick and one with a spare mag pouch up front. A little bulky IMHO. I really like the slick. Soft and easy to reholster the weapon. (Size 15 for those interested in the PT Millenium Pro fit).

I have an ankle holster on order for the 85, but I have never used one. I think they are ok for backup, but maybe a little slow for primary. If I do like and use it... it will be a backup or summer - t-shirt tucked carry. We will see.

A buddy just bought some Thuderwear. Not sure that is for me.

longtooth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Lufkin, Texas
    I like my ankle rig from UM for my 85 UL as you have described. I do like it for Sunday carry for back up & think you will too. Have it on right now. I do a little different than all the pic. I wear a thin knee high "under sock" like a T-Shirt. Holster against that & then outter sock over the holster. Really holds it w/o ANY wiggle at all.

djspump2003

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Austin
    I have a holster from www.ubgholsters.com that I got a couple of years
    ago for the left side ,right hand draw that works good for me.

Thanks for that website! I ordered the Striker IWB for my Walther PPS 9mm, and I love it. His website says it is a 2-4 week wait, but I just got the holster after only a week. Plus, they were the only company I could find that makes a good holster for this new gun. Comp-tac doesn't make them yet which was my first choice in a kydex model, but decided on leather this time around.

Top Bottom