• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I used to carry a flashlight, but the LED on the last few phones I've had have made carrying a separate flashlight kind of unnecessary.

I do like to keep a focusable single AA light in every vehicle and top drawer in the house/office. These below have served me well.

magholder

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2021
    Utah
    I've got a pen light that i keep in my pocket! Not a name brand, in fact its a Magholder branded pen light, it works great and has worked for awhile.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Pulling this necro post up to see if any of y'all had experience with "Sofirn" as a brand? I keep getting notices of sales and this one claims 8000 lumens (I am doubtful), but at this price if it's anywhere close...

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I'M CARRYING AN LED LIGHT MADE BY COAST LESS THAN $100 AT WALMART AND USES REGULAR BATTERIES OR THE RECHARGEABLEONE WITH A USB CORD!

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Since March / April around last year I've been toting this, in place of my old trusty Polytac.

For Chinesium, this has been a hell of a light. Fenix PD35V3 - 6 settings, 1700 max lumens and something like 35,000 candela. I put a Thyrm SwitchBack loop / clip on it - its been the only pocket clip that holds on like it should vs the sheet metal clip most lights come with. The loop has a break-free feature so you can't break your fingers. Lets you use the light with any pistol easily with a two hand grip if need be. The loop makes it easy to use for admin tasks, without dropping the light.

At work, I carry it on my duty belt. Off the clock, it rides in my left front pocket.

IMG_3134.jpeg
    IMG_3133.jpeg
    IMG_0655.jpeg

Those lumens and candela punch through the "photonic barrier" pretty damn well for such a small light. With the bright head lights and take downs and amber warning lights of my old patrol rig activated, I was able to still light up the cab well enough to clearly see anything or anyone inside. Does a decent job punching through window tint was well.

The downsides of such a potent light in such a small package are battery life - at max brightness it doesn't last more than about 10-15 minutes before beginning to dim, but you'll never use it that long at once - after 30-60 seconds at max brightness it gets burning hot. So hot that once I accidentally activated it while seated, and began melting my uniform pants. Felt like getting stung over and over by fire ants (what I thought initially, as I'd just climbed back in teh truck 30 seconds or so before)

At work I carry spare batteries in my lunch box. If out and about when I'm off I just make sure its got a fresh battery installed.

Top Bottom