Military Camp

What is your favorite 45 ACP pistol to shoot?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Is it DA only?
    No, I think that would be the 4556... 4516 is DA/SA.
    Screenshot_20190804-013711_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Gun Zone Deals

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Thanks.
    I only asked because I didn't see a hammer.
    Yeah, it's completely spurless, and smooth topped. No way to cock it, except by the slide being cycled, or catching the hammer at partial cock... no way to drop the hammer except by the decocker or trigger. I wish it was DAO. The DA is fairly smooth, not much grit, but no comparision to a good S&W revolver.

Gedunk

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2020
    Austin
    S&W model 25-2 with a 6” barrel. 20 years ago I sent it to S&W’s repair shop to reface the cylinder and setback the barrel and improve the forcing cone. They did it free of charge. It’s a tack driver now. Used it in competition to shoot bowling pins. My second choice is my Para Ordnance P-14.

phoenix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2014
    If your answer is a 1911, what is your second favorite 45 acp to shoot, and why?

Nothing against 1911s (I have a 1943 Ithaca World War II bring home, and Remington R1), just looking at other favorites.
    Springfield xd pattern.
    I like the weight and the feel. The back safety also reminds me of the 1911

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    I agree with phoenix. My S/A XDM in .45 is my favorite to shoot, followed fairly closely by Sig P220 Combat. Both always go bang and put the bullet where I want it to go. All my 1911's remain in safe or storage unfired, mostly because of time constraints.

Ingramite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2017
    Hill Country
    My favorite was a Thompson submachine gun that I got to fire in the early 70's. I only fired it one session, a couple of hundred round that went like the blink of an eye and it was over but never forgotten.

Looking at something more practical would bring the Beretta 8045 into focus. They had several chamberings and the common names were Cougar. These pistols hit the set about the same time plastic guns were coming into their own so they never really took off. I had a full size and also a Mini Cougar.

Next was a Springfield XD-E. I got it because everyone had a plastic gun but me. I wanted to like it because it had a manual safety and was hammer fired.
    I hated it. I even hate to admit that I have owned a float in the tub plastic pistol.

Like most of the posts on this thread, I am the current custodian of several stainless steel Colt 1911s too.

shipwreck

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    2nd favorite 45 ACP?

Beretta/Stoeger Cougar in 45 ACP. Despite the aluminum frame, it had less recoil than an all steel, 5" 1911 in 45 ACP. That rotating barrel worked amazingly well

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom