Guns International

What is your favorite 45 ACP pistol to shoot?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Colt Competition series 70 and Ruger SR1911. I like the Ruger better for some reason. To me, it just feels more premium and screwed together better than the Colt. I also have a Springer 1911 Milspec and a S&W 4506 that I have not shot yet, so the jury is still out on those.
    Texas SOT

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    If your answer is a 1911, what is your second favorite 45 acp to shoot, and why?

Nothing against 1911s (I have a 1943 Ithaca World War II bring home, and Remington R1), just looking at other favorites.
    I just cannot get past my 1911's Had my first one for my seventh B-day still have about a dozen, all Colt's or Government issue military. Only one is not a Colt..... a S&W Pro Series 3 inch. Just built a WWII Remington Rand from parts and now it has a 16 inch barrel with a muzzle break Don't ask me why... just bored. As far as .45acp guns I have an A-Model UZI, couple old Webley MK VI cut for .45 revolvers A 1927 A1 Thompson. Oh and that weird .45acp Bolt Action Mauser Carbine.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    My favorite carry 45acp is a SA TRP with my DW Valor a close second. However I've never shot a 1911 that I didn't like.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    My favorite was a Thompson submachine gun that I got to fire in the early 70's.
    I can't help but agree with this one. Every time I've shot a Thompson, I've never had anything but fun. At first, they seem like a beast but with a little practice they're total pussycats. If I ever hit the lottery... :)

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    I just love my .45's no doubt! But.... I really have to admire the old Kilt Wearing Scots! They may have worn a skirt out of necessity but those guys were incredibly SERIOUS about their Handguns. Here is one old Scotsman's pistol carried in his Sporan. One nasty argument settler. Made in Edinburg Scotland Ca. 1835....
    .80 Caliber It may be only a single shot but EVERYONE knows someone pulled a trigger. I have fired it a couple times most impressive at night! Very akin to a 105mm Howitzer and throws a beachball sized ball of flame! Then you can turn it around and it makes a real dandy jaw buster... but then your opponent is deaf and blind!
    DSC_0457[1]-a.jpg
    DSC_0461[1]-a.jpg
    DSC_0467[1]-a.jpg
    DSC_0468[1]-a.jpg
    DSC_0470[1]-a.jpg
    DSC_0471[1]-a.jpg

thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    I can't help but agree with this one. Every time I've shot a Thompson, I've never had anything but fun. At first, they seem like a beast but with a little practice they're total pussycats. If I ever hit the lottery... :)
    What do you mean “if” you hit the lottery?
    You are a moderator, staff member, administrator, lifetime member and, according to one banned user, “Head Boomer in Charge” of a great group of non-opinionated and easy-going forum members.
    I think you’ve already won the lottery.

:argue:

:roflfunny:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    You are a moderator, staff member, administrator, lifetime member and, according to one banned user, “Head Boomer in Charge” of a great group of non-opinionated and easy-going forum members.
    I'm a mod which automatically makes me an admin and member of the staff. I bought the lifetime membership. And as for "Head Boomer in Charge", well, yeah, I'm old but I'm not in charge of anything.

And as for those non-opinionated forum members...I want some of what you're smoking.

In truth, I do what I do because my personal situation keeps me close to home so it's easy for me to be online a lot. You're just being fooled because I'm around consistently enough to be annoying.

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    I'm a mod which automatically makes me an admin and member of the staff. I bought the lifetime membership. And as for "Head Boomer in Charge", well, yeah, I'm old but I'm not in charge of anything.

And as for those non-opinionated forum members...I want some of what you're smoking.

In truth, I do what I do because my personal situation keeps me close to home so it's easy for me to be online a lot. You're just being fooled because I'm around consistently enough to be annoying.
    Ben! My Friend!
    Do not set yourself short. We the grumpy old coots need to stick to our guns of (no pun intended) principals and priorities while running with the herd.
    "Will Rogers" once said, "When you are running along leading the herd, it pays to occasionally take a look back and see if they are still there!"
    You and I have alot in common in many ways... aside from being old. One of my favorite sayings is, There are many intelligent young people that rant and rave over their education. However they are NOT wise!
    Wisdom ONLY becomes relevant with AGE and EXPERIENCE!
    SHOW them, lead them and give them the TIME.... They WILL learn.
    This IS the only forum that I have been involved with that I have NOT been unceremoniously ask to leave or out right banned! I have been outright accused of about everything imaginable. From false misrepresenting myself to cut and pasting pictures and saying they were mine. Ignorance a jealousy takes on an ugly persona. Fighting with them would have been futile! It is far easier to walk away, let them choose up sides and sniff arm-pits... They lose... I don't care.
    I have my own principals too. I do everything I can to be ethical and upfront. I ONLY post pictures of MY personal possessions of the work I myself have done for clients, without disclosing their personal identity. Information is EDUCATION... I do my best to SHARE what I know in a way that is interesting and makes a point. I have done by request, open classes on firearms history and HOW to collect.
    Enough blowing my horn!
    Stick in there buddy, keep your shooter pointed downrange and pick off the targets as they come along!
    DSC_0002-a.jpg

Last edited:

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    Ben! My Friend!
    Do not set yourself short. We the grumpy old coots need to stick to our guns of (no pun intended) principals and priorities while running with the herd.
    "Will Rogers" once said, "When you are running along leading the herd, it pays to occasionally take a look back and see if they are still there!"
    You and I have alot in common in many ways... aside from being old. One of my favorite sayings is, There are many intelligent young people that rant and rave over their education. However they are NOT wise!
    Wisdom ONLY becomes relevant with AGE and EXPERIENCE!
    SHOW them, lead them and give them the TIME.... They WILL learn.
    This IS the only forum that I have been involved with that I have NOT been unceremoniously ask to leave or out right banned! I have been outright accused of about everything imaginable. From false misrepresenting myself to cut and pasting pictures and saying they were mine. Ignorance a jealousy takes on an ugly persona. Fighting with them would have been futile! It is far easier to walk away, let them choose up sides and sniff arm-pits... They lose... I don't care.
    I have my own principals too. I do everything I can to be ethical and upfront. I ONLY post pictures of MY personal possessions of the work I myself have done for clients, without disclosing their personal identity. Information is EDUCATION... I do my best to SHARE what I know in a way that is interesting and makes a point. I have done by request, open classes on firearms history and HOW to collect.
    Enough blowing my horn!
    Stick in there buddy, keep your shooter pointed downrange and pick off the targets as they come along! View attachment 257694
    Ben, This is my toy and loads of fun. Just eats alot!
    By the way, this particular gun has a special place in my heart.
    It does not show well in the picture but it is autographed by Pamela Sue Martin of Nancy Drew (TV and Poseidon Adventure Movie fame) I have photos of me with her signing the stock,,, and A 8 x10 Picture of her in the buff holding a Thompson!
    She is a sweet person and autographed a few other personal items too.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Ben, This is my toy and loads of fun. Just eats alot!
    By the way, this particular gun has a special place in my heart.
    It does not show well in the picture but it is autographed by Pamela Sue Martin of Nancy Drew (TV and Poseidon Adventure Movie fame) I have photos of me with her signing the stock,,, and A 8 x10 Picture of her in the buff holding a Thompson!
    She is a sweet person and autographed a few other personal items too.
    We're gonna need to see those pics.....just to verify the signatures' authenticity.....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    We're gonna need to see those pics.....just to verify the signatures' authenticity.....

I see..... I think you are more interested in seeing some skin. lol Or looking over the undergarment she signed for me?
    I personally guarantee the signatures because they are "in Person" and my wife was present too. I will have to scan and upload ....
    Any other Celebrities you just gotta see?

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I see..... I think you are more interested in seeing some skin. lol Or looking over the undergarment she signed for me?
    I personally guarantee the signatures because they are "in Person" and my wife was present too. I will have to scan and upload ....
    Any other Celebrities you just gotta see?
    Whatever you got handy.....

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois

OKAY.... I thought this was a family friendly forum? I used to be a serious autograph collector and as a member of the Manuscript Society and The UACC I would receive invitations to in person Autograph shows and Cast reunion celebrations.
    I am in the process of liquidating the majority of my collection. (Want more guns)
    When I was dong this I would try to get favorite female personalities to autograph articles of underwear for me... Discreetly of course! Many were flattered , others not so much. Playboy centerfolds were easy. Major actresses were a little more difficult to approach. Stella Stevens was incredibly sweet, Pamela Sue Martin was incredible, Carole Lynle was alot of fun, Linda Blair was also exceptional. We won't even talk about Traci Lords.... WHEW! Some entertainers are complete ass88888. And many were really easy to get to know. One for example that I drinks with and long conversation was Jack Nicholson. Buddy Hackett treated you like you grew up together. If you brought up the subject of guns you couldn't get away from him!
    I will see what I can do....

Last edited:

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois

The particular pictures that you want to see for proof are coming. I have to dig them up and scan them first. For those only interested in autographed picture I have a couple to keep you entertained.

"We're gonna need to see those pics.....just to verify the signatures' authenticity....."

I assume that you can "verify" a signature's authenticity?????
    This particular John Wayne is signed in a pretty dark area. His autograph is a tough one...

1WayneJohn.jpg
    1BardotBrigitte.jpg
    1KidmanNicole.jpg
    1MartinPS.jpg
    1Page Bettie (skirt).jpg
    1WelchRaq.jpg
    2 Loren Sophia.jpg
    2 Stevens Stella.jpg
    2 Winters Shelly.jpg
    1FleetwoodMac.jpg

Top Bottom