• Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Me?

Mini -Gerber Dime - great little tool I wear a lot on a neck lanyard while fishing.

Standard - regular old school Leatherman. The larger ones just don't pocket carry well.
    Military Camp

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Leatherman Wingman
    It's not too small, not to large; just right. It has a nice pocket clip and carries like a folding knife. I really like that the knife on it can be accessed without opening the tool. Best part of all is it's under $30.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Leatherman Wingman
    It's not too small, not to large; just right. It has a nice pocket clip and carries like a folding knife. I really like that the knife on it can be accessed without opening the tool. Best part of all is it's under $30.

That is a good one. Its what i keep in the vehicles. Got them on sale at Academy last Christmas for around $20. Great value.

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    I still have the original Leatherman I bought when stationed in Germany in the early '80s. Have since supplemented it with a tool bag with pliers, wrenches, drivers, drills, sockets, wire cutters, duct tape, etc. that goes with me everywhere I need to go.

That old 1983 Leatherman is still attached to my belt, but the tool bag is just better than a McGiver Tool.

ArmyZach

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Joshua
    I've been carrying the leatherman wave for the past year. I like the bits and extension for the bit driver.
    I also like the blades that open from the outside.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I still have the original Leatherman I bought when stationed in Germany in the early '80s. Have since supplemented it with a tool bag with pliers, wrenches, drivers, drills, sockets, wire cutters, duct tape, etc. that goes with me everywhere I need to go.

That old 1983 Leatherman is still attached to my belt, but the tool bag is just better than a McGiver Tool.
    I never liked the original. For the longest time I carried separate pliers and screwdriver and knife because I was of the opinion that multitools were crap based on my experiences with the original letherman. The new ones are much better than the old ones.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    The old standard Leatherman is my fav.
    I have a Wave, Super Tool, Squirt,Buck Tool. The Standard gets used the most.
    Fact is I hardly ever use the Super Tool. Just too heavy to carry. Stays in the truck mostly.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Yup. I've carried one at work for over 20 years. I wish they still made them as they are slimmer and lighter than most of the comparable tools today.

They can still be found for fairly cheap on eBay. You have to search for the original name: "Leatherman Pocket Survival tool (PST)."

As for me, I carry a Leatherman Supertool 300 every day in a leather pocket holster I made. There is none better.

Top Bottom