Venture Surplus ad

What is your most discreet carry method?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    I have one of those UC shirts but it isn't really small enough so after a couple hours it has stretched under the weight of the sidearm and it is very much just hanging there... not very comfortablely...
    Military Camp

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    For years before I earned my badge I carried my Kel-Tec P32 with the belt clip on strong hip.
    It is easy to cover, even when your shirt is tucked in. My second option would to be to get one of those pocket holsters that masks the outline.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    J Frame and a pocket holster. Don't put anything in the pocket with your gun.

I do hang a knife with a pocket clip in the same pocket, but it interferes with the draw somewhat (not that I can find a way to draw quickly from my pocket...) I guess I just need more pockets. What I need to do is hang my cell phone from my waist band.

Best discrete carry method? Folding stock AK in a container meant for some other type of gear, like sporting equipment. Actually had a coworker ask why I'd brought a (sporting gear) to work.

Not that this would help for church...

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    J . . .

Best discrete carry method? Folding stock AK in a container meant for some other type of gear, like sporting equipment. Actually had a coworker ask why I'd brought a (sporting gear) to work.

Not that this would help for church...

LOL

My brother got me one off those 5.11 tactical single pistol cases.

EDIT: this is a link to a picture of it

http://www.511tactical.com/browse/H...ase/D/30100/P/1:100:50000:50800:50810/I/58724

It looks like a bible in a bible case. It does say 5.11 tactical, but it is black on a black background. I could even not take any extra magazines and just place a thin bible in the middle. . . . hmm.

My spiritual weapon of choice next to my favorite handgun.

Ironic.

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    When I dress in t-shirt and shorts, I'll wear a Galco Belly Band under my t-shirt. This allows my to tuck a Glock 23 under my right arm. As long as the t-shirt isn't too tight, it's very concealed.

Maxpower

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Well you are on the right track. It just takes getting used to. When I need a deep carry I use my LCP in a pocket holster on strong side front if pants are loose enough, if not back pocket. Either way, nothing else goes in that pocket. It feel weird to start, but many guys carry two wallets or a cell and a PDA, you'll get used to it or you'll find anouther way to hide it. I recently saw a holster you wear around your neck, but I don't think I would care for that.

that is what I do

APatriot

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    Please allow me to give some advice. Before I received my CHL, I took the legal handbook distributed at the CHL training, and hand printed every important piece of "legaleze" on a separate piece of paper. This may sound somewhat elementary, but it does wonders for retention. And, to stay legal, retention is important.

I only mention this in regards to the post concerning "carry at places of worship".

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    Please allow me to give some advice. Before I received my CHL, I took the legal handbook distributed at the CHL training, and hand printed every important piece of "legaleze" on a separate piece of paper. This may sound somewhat elementary, but it does wonders for retention. And, to stay legal, retention is important.

I only mention this in regards to the post concerning "carry at places of worship".

That's good advice but in the wrong thread.

APatriot

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    My friend,

I placed it in this thread as a follow up in this thread due to a poster asking about carry at places of worship "in this thread". It follows then, if my advice is followed, question of "carry at worship" would possibly be a mute point for that poster.

Now, do you understand why I placed my response in this thread? You seem to be reasonable so I will assume you do!

That's good advice but in the wrong thread.

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    I placed it in this thread as a follow up in this thread due to a poster asking about carry at places of worship "in this thread". It follows then, if my advice is followed, question of "carry at worship" would possibly be a mute point for that poster.

Now, do you understand why I placed my response in this thread? You seem to be reasonable so I will assume you do!

I am and I do my friend.

ExpatBen

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2009
    San Antonio
    Try a different holster. I wear a one called a super tucker, made by crossbreed. I wear it with my shirt out, but it is designed to have a shirt tucked in. It's an Inside-the-Waist holster with hooks that attached to the bottom of the holster. It allows you to be able to tuck your shirt in over the pistol. The other thing you might look into (that I find unnerving) is thunderwear, or a company called smartcarry is making the same thing. They are like a fanny pack that is worn under your pants and worn in the front. The gun tucks into the pack and conceals very well. I just don't like pointing a gun at myself in this area.

Try lots of different things, and talk to lots of people. You'll find what you are looking for.

bikerbill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Lago Vista
    get a decent pocket holstet and slide the .380 in ... put the "junk" in another pocket or leave it home, and you're good to go ...

Top Bottom