• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    Rolling off a sixth of Allstadt Lager which was perfect for summer's last gasp. What to replace it with?
    Guns International

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    With cooler weather approaching I recommend a darker beer - Guiness is my choice.

Alternatively, best in warm weather, but never a bad choice anytime is a good IPA - you can't go wrong with Karbach Hopadilla.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    1637955948571.png

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    With cooler weather approaching I recommend a darker beer - Guiness is my choice.

Alternatively, best in warm weather, but never a bad choice anytime is a good IPA - you can't go wrong with Karbach Hopadilla.
    Guinness is my favorite winter lunch. Creamy Irish stew. But it requires a nitrogen system and mine's CO2.

Karbach es muy bueno.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Guinness is my favorite winter lunch. Creamy Irish stew. But it requires a nitrogen system and mine's CO2.

Karbach es muy bueno.
    The draw back of Guinness is the nitrogen! Real shame you can get a 20 pound bottle of Bev Gas, then again you need a Guinness Tavern head + another regulator

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Barrow Breweryin Salgado makes a good Farm to Market Saison.

PintHouse Pizza Electric jellyfish is an amazing hazy IPA. In Waco, Southern Roots has several good beers, but they are a little proud of their kegs.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Rich people problems. Lol
    Setting up an old fridge as a kegerator is actually pretty cheap. Keg beer over bottles & cans is a real bargain. Keg deposit might be a bit stupid.

If you don’t use nitrogen, bev gas is reasonable as are rebuilt regulators. Air line, beer line, tavern heads, a wall shank and faucet all fairly reasonable from Micromatic or ebay

Just thing how nice taking out the trash would be without bottles & cans.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Setting up an old fridge as a kegerator is actually pretty cheap. Keg beer over bottles & cans is a real bargain. Keg deposit might be a bit stupid.

If you don’t use nitrogen, bev gas is reasonable as are rebuilt regulators. Air line, beer line, tavern heads, a wall shank and faucet all fairly reasonable from Micromatic or ebay

Just thing how nice taking out the trash would be without bottles & cans.

I’ve had a kegerator for a few years. It is a few hundred dollars to start up, but my wife and I have really enjoyed it. The price per pint on the most of the kegs larger than a sixtel are cheaper than buying from the store.

I added a water keg this year (We drink a lot of fizzy waters) and it has cut down on our can usage and our bottle usage significantly. I’m not a big greeny, but it is nice.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I’ve had a kegerator for a few years. It is a few hundred dollars to start up, but my wife and I have really enjoyed it. The price per pint on the most of the kegs larger than a sixtel are cheaper than buying from the store.

I added a water keg this year (We drink a lot of fizzy waters) and it has cut down on our can usage and our bottle usage significantly. I’m not a big greeny, but it is nice.
    Old soda water syrup canisters can be had pretty cheap and filled with anything from home brew to sangrias and run thru a keg system.

I have had limited experience with Kegerators. They are great for many places, but the big ones tend to suck getting moved into some places. A floor drain for the spill tray is the way to go. Spill trays dumping into a pail or bucket are a total mess. When the compressor goes you replacing the whole kegerator.

Beverage Air type soda merchandiser work really well. New & used one can he had, parts are available and most important they are set up for great beer temperatures.

Top Bottom