• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TxGunsmith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2009
    Houston
    Well, it looks like and H&K 94 or MP5 right? It was taken in the other night from an FTA member, you know Future Turds of America. Some kid was running around shooting up the apartment complex he lives at. Well, it's an airsoft pellet automatic shooter. It was originally clear plastic till he painted it black. What a way to get yourself shot. Just recently here in Houston there was a man who defended himself against 3 pellet pistol carrying TOA members. Well, one died another was shot in the shoulder and the third turd injured by flying glass. The defendant pulled out his trusty .223 Bushmaster and opened up on them. We take in just as many pellet pistol look-a-likes as we do real handguns.
    Lynx Defense

Attachments

• Turd1.jpg
      Turd1.jpg
      17.2 KB · Views: 283

SapperMapper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Killeen
    I guess you answered your own question.
    Interesting, though. I know there are folks out there that use pellet/airsoft guns to make themselves look cool, tough, and/or mean, but I didn't realize there were that many.
    I think I would be more upset if I shot some kid with an airsoft gun.
    Stupid is as stupid does, though.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    The big problem is making that split millisecond decision to shoot or not to shoot when you are encountered by that. Me If I'm carrying a gun and you pointed that at me you would probably get shot. Unless you show some sense about the matter and drop it instantly so I can call the police and the how you say FTA can go for a car ride. Scary how real you can make those Air soft guns look.

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    Sadly enough half of the guns I take off of people are fake.
    I handled a dope ripoff/robbery last week and the suspect stashed the gun from us. We recovered it and found it was a black plastic pellet shooting gun that resembled a 1911.
    No orange or clear anywhere on it.
    I would have shot him DRT if he would have pulled it out on me it was VERY realistic.

Lots of felons and wannabe thugs carry plastic guns because they think that when they get arrested they can beat the charge because it is not a "real" gun.
    Obviously felons cannot possess a handgun either.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    There are a lot of people that rely on the "scare factor" of acting like they have a gun, or brandishing a "fake gun". The reality they don't see that if you pull your "fake gun" on me I will in turn pull my .40 cal real gun on you and we will either A( come to a mutual agreement and you will drop the look a like. Or B( I will get put in front of a judge to explain why I shot the guy with the painted air soft gun. I do not wish to do either one but rather avoid the situation entirely.
    PS. DRT= dead right there
    fake gun is in quotations because an air soft gun,BB gun or pellet gun is not a fake gun. They fire projectiles and can injure some one, I would not consider using deadly force against a weapon that is obviously an air soft gun but I'm rambling and you get the point.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    A retired Oakland (California) cop told me that when they started painting orange tips on toy guns to keep kids from getting shot, crooks simply started painting the tips of their real guns orange...

Coloring the toys doesn't help. Teaching your kids not to be morons does.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    A retired Oakland (California) cop told me that when they started painting orange tips on toy guns to keep kids from getting shot, crooks simply started painting the tips of their real guns orange...

Coloring the toys doesn't help. Teaching your kids not to be morons does.
    That would hep wouldn't it. But if the school doesn't tell them it doesn't need to be said. Right? Morons!

pawncop

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    TEXAS
    Several years ago I came very close to using deadly force on a gentleman that was reaching for his wallet but from my perspective he was reaching for a handgun that was stuck in the split seat of his pickup truck.

Turned out it was his son's cast metal cap pistol.

I really thought I was going to have to shoot, but he finally complied and put his hands on his head.

The strangest thing about that stop, he thought the whole situation was funny.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I bet he didn't think you were talking to him, no not him. I bet he was laughing because he was in shock. I would also venture to guess that latter that night when he was in bed the reality of just how close he had come to getting shot. Some people just don't get it.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    As I looked at it I notice MP5 stock, but G3 mag well. Having an H&K 51 I know what I see aint right. So I start reading again. WTF!

Actually, it's not a G36 mag well, it's an HK33 mag well. That toy is a copy of an HK53A2.

Basically a G3 in 5.56 (HK33), but cut down to MP5 size (= HK53).

res1b3uq

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    I served on a jury a couple years back--kid held up a convenience store with a pellet pistol. The judge kept instructing us that it wasn't a firearm. We gave him 13 years. (He's probably out already)

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    Actually, it's not a G36 mag well, it's an HK33 mag well. That toy is a copy of an HK53A2.

Basically a G3 in 5.56 (HK33), but cut down to MP5 size (= HK53).

I saw an HK53 a few years back but it had the collapsible stock.I heard it was a full auto sub-gun in rifle caliber (5.56). I do not know how popular it actually got.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I saw an HK53 a few years back but it had the collapsible stock.IT heard it was a full auto subgun in rifle caliber (5.56). I do not know how popular it actually got.

All of the ones I've seen have the collapsible stock. I've seen some on the net that have a full stock though.

WillieD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Lewisville, TX
    I was in a retail store for work recently in a not so good area and over heard a customer talking about a high end phone he wanted to his girl friend. He told her that if he sees someone on the street using one that he would pull out his fake gun and put it to their neck "because they wouldn't know it was not real" and take the phone. I really wanted to make a comment to this guy but decided to bite my tounge as I did not want to start anything and potentially make a scene.

Top Bottom